Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Yakuza 3

1. I'm still disappointed that Kenzan never came over. The Wiki says the Korean version was subtitled, but judging by various comments elsewhere I'm guessing the subtitles aren't English. With the PS3 dying for content you'd think it would have been a no-brainer.

James

2. I'm really disappointed that part 3 won't come out over here. I loved one and I'm trying to finish 2. Sucks that the story won't be completed, but it's not the first time a game with a great story won't be finished that was produced by Sega...

on another note Yakuza 3 still uncomfirmed for US release.

Looks like someone misspoke and Sega says it's not official. So there is still some hope.
    Last edited by Daitokuji; 31 Jul 2009 at 05:06 PM.

3. ^There's no hope. There is never going to be a time when Sega comes out and says they will not be localizing Yakuza 3. It will always be unconfirmed/no comment. To me, that's as good as no when Sega is concerned.

4. Not dead yet?

For the past few months, various comments from Sega have people hoping for a Western release of Yakuza 3 bummed. Today, however, things are sounding a little more optimistic. Popping into the comments section of a post on the PlayStation Blog, Sega of America assistant community manager Aaron Webber has said "Yakuza 3 is not cancelled – and the possibility for localizing it does, in fact, still exist."

"The original news story that went around about Yakuza 3 being declined for the US was false, and localizing the game still remains a big point of discussion for many people here at SEGA, and especially those of us on SEGA's community team."

"I know it's far from an announcement, but I just felt you should know that the chance does still exist."

Nice. For what it's worth, here's what we've heard: that Sega are looking for somebody else to localise the game, take the risk, similar to how Capcom handles the release of GTA in Japan.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176109

According to sources close to the project, Yakuza 3 is currently being localized for release in the U.S. and European markets.

6. I need officialer words than that.

Don't worry, I'll post double the number of images when there's an official announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Careful. Nothing leads to false hope better than this bullshit.

9. This is probably happening. Shane Bettenhausen, who now works at Ignition, has been dropping hints:
    While RPGamer has no official confirmation either, we can state that Ignition's Shane Bettenhausen commented to us that Ignition would have a big game announcement at this week's Tokyo Game Show. There was also inquiry from Bettenhausen as to whether or not RPGamer covered games on the outskirts of traditional RPGs.
    So with Valkyria Chronicles dying a slow death on PSP, this is about the only Sega-developed series I'm interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Careful. Nothing leads to false hope better than this bullshit.
    I get it!

10. I still need to finish 2, but this is another reason to own a PS3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.