Thread: For the Zune Owners

1. For the Zune Owners

New software on the 16th. The part I like (even if I don't listen to the radio), is the tagginf feature. You can tag a song playing on the radio, have Zune tell you what it is and wirelessly buy it right then and there.

New sizes as well as a new color (blue on silver) as well.

REDMOND, Wash. — Sept. 8, 2008 — Zune, Microsoft Corp.’s end-to-end music and entertainment service, again revolutionizes how customers discover and connect to the music they love, where and how they want it. Starting next week, every Zune portable media player will let consumers wirelessly download or stream millions of songs on the go from thousands of wireless hot spots around the country. Free, powerful software and firmware updates will give Zune owners the ability to discover, tag and purchase songs directly from the built-in FM radio, wirelessly access the Zune Marketplace store on the go, and tap into interactive, personalized music recommendations that add even more value to the Zune Pass subscription. Zune is also expanding its device lineup with new 16GB and 120GB capacities as well as shiny new blue-on-silver and sleek all-black color schemes. The new features will begin rolling out on Sept. 16, 2008.

2. The Zune has a ton of badass features. I especially like the social aspect of the Zune marketplace. If I didn't love sucking Apple's cock so much, I would definitely get a Zune. I wish Apple would rip off some of their ideas.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

3. The main thing that singlehandedly makes it a great product while at the same time could be their achilles is that every new feature can be used on any version of the Zune. All it takes is new firmware. Apple constantly makes their last gen stuff obsolete as soon as the new product rolls around and people end up buying gen after gen. With the Zune, you buy one and upgrade the software which is always free. So they'll never have repeat customers.

4. It would be better if it just recorded the song instead.

5. That tagging feature sounds excellent. Like Sony's old eMarker, except this will work. eMarker was a pretty cool little keychain, though. Is there a way to get these to work with iTunes yet? Not the store, just syncing. I'm still lusting after the old pink Zune, but I'm afraid it's not meant to be.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Is there a way to get these to work with iTunes yet? Not the store, just syncing. I'm still lusting after the old pink Zune, but I'm afraid it's not meant to be.
    Unfortunately no. Kind of sucks because MS could really sell a lot if people could use their music purchased elsewehere with it. People buy iPods year after year when Apple makes the new features only available to the new devices, whereas MS offers is via software across the whole line. The Zune Pass is a great deal though. $15 a month for unlimited downloads. The only main knock I have against the device is that you can use it via USB with head units in a car. FM, Sync Units or Aux only. And anybody still using WMP really should use the Zune software instead. They really trumped the WMP team this last update.

7. Pretty cool, they changed the Now Playing screen to show graphics, pics, album art and blurbs for the current band.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	40429