Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 101213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

1. Retronauts is impossible to listen to on Android lately, it's just as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I've officially dropped Retronauts from my feed. I sort of feel bad for giving the people on MisPodoSec such a hard time. I had no idea the bar for gaming podcasts was set so god damn low.
    I started listening to a non game related podcast called Revisionist History. I am hooked! Host Malcolm Gladwell takes a thing from relatively current history, talks about it, and relates it to something more philosophical. I encourage everyone to listen to The Big Man Can't Shoot. Y'all should know by now I don't give a crap about sports. This podcast is superficially about Wilt Chamberlain, but is really about something else. It's the third episode he put out and while the first two are good, he hits his stride with this one and the ones to follow are equally excellent.

3. Was that the thing about his refusal to underhand free-throw and group-think tendencies? I've never heard the podcast and am not a Gladwell fan, but he ran a Chamberlain segment on This American Life that was a lot of fun.

4. Retronauts really took a fucking nosedive after moving off of Stitcher.

Enjoying We Hate Movies a lot lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post

Enjoying We Hate Movies a lot lately.
    oh yes! it's golden. especially as I don't watch a lot of movies

6. I listen to two vidya podcasts: Achievement Oriented and Gamers with Jobs.

7. I will try them!

8. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    The recent Sega arcade history was actually much better than I expected it to be.
    Parish knows NOTHING about Sega history. He got so much of it wrong in the first 5 minutes that I wanted to bang my head on my desk. By 10 minutes in, I was just sad.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Parish knows NOTHING about Sega history. He got so much of it wrong in the first 5 minutes that I wanted to bang my head on my desk. By 10 minutes in, I was just sad.
    He knows about one thing, and that's sound and music. I felt he paid reasonably good attention to Sega history. I was as frustrated as you were in the first 5 to 10 minutes because I never listened to their first episode on Sega history (perish the thought), so I had the bar set pretty low.

I think he pretty much envisions Yu Suzuki, Reiko Kodama, and Yuji Naka sitting around a System 16 board for the majority of the '80s.
    Last edited by sleeve; 04 Aug 2017 at 07:27 PM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood