Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

1. That reminds me, if you're into Old Hollywood, "You Must Remember This" is a very good, very dense podcast.
    Sword and Scale's new spinoff series is annoying as fuck. Pass. Really lame bc I love the original.
    Doc's recommendation for the Philosophy podcast was a good one, it's very informative and well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Jay and Miles X-plain the X-men is a good one.

What's a good Android RSS podcast catcher? Stitcher has failed me and I'm tired of their three ads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I'm here to shit on Retronauts again, my favorite classic gaming podcast.

This week's episode is about games leading up to the Metroidvania genre. One of the hosts confessed to not playing Metroid or Super Metroid.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. Kevin Smith is a good looking guy, I wish he wouldn't dress like a child in hand-me-downs.
    Those aren't shorts, those are ill-fitted capri pants.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Jay and Miles X-plain the X-men is a good one.

What's a good Android RSS podcast catcher? Stitcher has failed me and I'm tired of their three ads.
    I use one called Podcast Addict, terrible name but a great podcast app.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I'm here to shit on Retronauts again, my favorite classic gaming podcast.

This week's episode is about games leading up to the Metroidvania genre. One of the hosts confessed to not playing Metroid or Super Metroid.
    I stopped listening to them since they're no longer on Stitcher, but that definitely sounds like their MO. Are they still recording episodes in batches with whoever is around despite their experience?

7. Podcasts

I think they still do batches. Jeremy also does podcasts with random guests (this metroidvania one) on the east coast so they can make content more frequently. It's Jeremy's primary source of income now, so he's fairly active. Retronauts really isn't that bad, if you just approach it as some friends talking about some games.

I enjoy their other podcast, too, Talking Simpsons. It's not terribly deep, they basically go over episode plot points and pepper in some cultural references and director commentary.
    Last edited by Dunlap; 29 Jun 2017 at 08:08 PM.

8. I just started listening to them (beginning with the third iteration of the series I guess?). I can't understand how anyone listens to them. They literally have a show about the their top 12 fan translations, and between the four of them they may have played 5 games on the list total. THE LIST THAT THEY MADE! WTF.

I have the worst luck when it comes to podcasts! I got into Idle Thumbs just as they stop doing it and now I'm into Gilbert and not a week after I started listening, he put everything older than a year behind a paywall. For Four years I could have listened to it all for free. Now I have to pay. Eff that.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    After catching up with Idle Thumbs (just as they decided to stop doing it weekly :/ ), I tried Idle Weekend as a fill in. From the first show I didn't like it very much. Danielle, who seemed very natural and fun on IT, was wooden and rarely seemed like she was enjoying herself. I gave it 30 some odd episodes to see if she and Rob ever developed any kind of rapport, but it never seemed like they did.
    I always felt like Danielle was fine on the main show but when it came down to the more in-depth, nuanced critique via the main crew she was in over her head. At the time it made sense to have her on because she was actually playing games - but her contribution mostly amounted to "Hey I played this! Also I played some niche queer stuff!"
    So Idle Weekend was more of that, plus Rob - who is great but also can't carry a show. They're both on Waypoint Radio now, which is better than IW because Austin Walker is smart as hell.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I just started listening to them (beginning with the third iteration of the series I guess?). I can't understand how anyone listens to them. They literally have a show about the their top 12 fan translations, and between the four of them they may have played 5 games on the list total. THE LIST THAT THEY MADE! WTF.
    Haha, I had to jot down a quote from their Bubble Bobble episode, it just tickled me. Regarding remakes, the host said, "All of them are... Disappointing, a let down, a travesty, a shame... So, I actually have only played one of these."