Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Ippo 2nd Season

1. Hajime no Ippo 2nd Season

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-tv-in-january

This year's 42nd issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine will reportedly announce that George Morikawa's Hajime no Ippo boxing manga will return to television in a new anime series in January of 2009. The story follows the path of Ippo Makunouchi as he rises from a shy high school boy to the ranks of Japan's best boxers — and eventually the world's. The first Hajime no Ippo television series ran in Japan from 2000 to 2002, and no new anime has been produced since then except for a 2003 television special and a 2003 video. The original manga has been continuously running in Shonen Magazine since 1989, and over 73 million copies of the 85 compiled volumes have been published. The magazine's 41st issue had promised last week that a "big surprise" will be announced for Hajime no Ippo in the next issue.

Geneon Entertainment released the first television series and television special under the name Fighting Spirit on DVD in North America. Three of the videogame adaptations, including a Nintendo Wii game last year, have been released in North America under the series name Victorious Boxers.

Thank you to ParaParaJMo and Matt Ponton for the news tips.

Source: Kakure Ota no Blog

2. I am very excited about this. More Dempsey roll please.
    All is well.

3. Yeah this is pretty rockin'.

I WANT TO DIVE LOSTO MIND

4. Awesome!

5. I am super hyped for this!!

I WANT THIS ONLY!!

6. Not only am i ready for more of Ippo's dempsy roll. I cannot wait to see all the new arcs and matches. Takamura vs Hawk anyone.....when that fight is animated; its gonna be LEGENDARY. I can't wait, with the manga being so far ahead, there's not gonna be any of this crap we call fillers.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Busu-Otoko View Post
    Not only am i ready for more of Ippo's dempsy roll. I cannot wait to see all the new arcs and matches. Takamura vs Hawk anyone.....when that fight is animated; its gonna be LEGENDARY. I can't wait, with the manga being so far ahead, there's not gonna be any of this crap we call fillers.

I wish more anime would do this... I'm looking at you Naruto.

8. Quote Originally Posted by chessmen View Post
    I wish more anime would do this... I'm looking at you Naruto.
    Don't forget Bleach.

9. And One Piece. Even though the one filler arc I saw wasn't bad.
    All is well.

10. This rocks so fuckin' hard. Is it a new series or a second season of the first one. The way the article was going on about it sounded like a new series and is Geneon doing this new series too?

Quote Originally Posted by kuro View Post
    And One Piece. Even though the one filler arc I saw wasn't bad.
    The problem with One Piece is that they do a filler arc between every real arc. I just want it to keep going. Fuck interruptions. BTW is it out of Thriller Bark yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.