Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Done with eBay?

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I typically charge $5.50 to cover the cost of bubble wrap, packing tape, box, etc
    All that to ship a video game? I send that shit Media Mail or First Class in a padded envelope for like $3.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

2. For the more expensive or sealed ones, definitely. If someone is willing to pay me $60 for Marble fucking Mania, that's the least I can do.

3. Quote Originally Posted by TODE View Post
    All that to ship a video game? I send that shit Media Mail or First Class in a padded envelope for like $3.
    Sega CD and Saturn games would get trashed in an envelope like that.

4. Yea, ebay is getting real fucking queer. I've only used them for buying stuff recently.

With that game shipping cap, it makes it very tough to recoup your packaging costs, and ebay fees. It's a better environment for buyers, but terrible for sellers.

I'm gonna try using various boards, and Craigslist for stuff and see how that goes, and use teh 'bay as a last resort.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Sega CD and Saturn games would get trashed in an envelope like that.
    I've never heard complaints about selling other CD-ROM or cartridge games before...
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

6. Lately I've done okay on eBay. Although I got way more money selling sets of TV DVDs on Amazon than I would have on eBay. (all amazon charges is 20% of sales, no start-up fees) But it's really only good for selling out-of-print or rare things. Right now, the 1984 Transformers cartoon DVDs can make you a LOT of money on Amazon, for example.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

7. Quote Originally Posted by TODE View Post
    I've never heard complaints about selling other CD-ROM or cartridge games before...
    I've shipped PS2 games with a padded envelope; it's just that sometimes you have media cases that would get destoyed using something like that.

8. gamevet has perfected the art of shipping videogames. His word on the subject is gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by TODE View Post
    Right now, the 1984 Transformers cartoon DVDs can make you a LOT of money on Amazon, for example.
    This is insane. Why are they selling for so much?

10. Because it's OMGTRANSFORMERS!!!!!. *shrugs*
    Remember, people are dumb.