Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Conan the Barbarian

1. Dreamcast Conan the Barbarian

I know there's a shit-ton of love for Commando on TNL (thx Josh's nuts!) but let's recognize Conan for all his barbaric glory! I can't find a current thread (feel free to noob me) and, let's get serious here, Conan deserves a new thread. If for nothing else than that opening theme. Good Lord but that's some glorious shit!

2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

2. I watched it again just last week because this movie rocks so hard.

3. Great movie. I don't give a shit if its not really true to the original books. Its got blood, violence, Arnie, a fantastic score by Basil Poledouris, James Earl Jones..etc..it kicks ass.

That Conan game had lots of potential but it had busted control and the usual camera issues.
    Last edited by raystorm; 23 Aug 2007 at 11:04 AM.

4. It's amazing how well-made and classy a movie Conan actually is. To the point that it's actually kind of shocking how shitty a follow-up Conan the Destroyer is- it's almost like a children's movie. Sure, it's campy fun, but it doesn't hold a candle to the first movie.

Shit, compared to most sword and sorcery movies of the 80's, Conan the Barbarian is almost an art film. It had good dialogue, an amazing score, bloody violence, and atmosphere. And James Earl fucking Jones was amazing, dude. And watch out for that Franco Columbu cameo in the beginning!

It's a shame Arnold never got around to a third movie. Who knows, maybe he'll make one more once his term as Governor is up, perhaps about a aged Conan ruling his empire, yet still yearning for one last battle or something.

BTW, listen to the commentary track on the Conan the Barbarian DVD. Arnold kind of makes an ass out of himself with some of the shit he says, but he's fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    I know there's a shit-ton of love for Commando on TNL (thx Josh's nuts!)
    Josh doesn't have anything to do with the Commando love here (you're thinking Total Recall). It's just universally recognized as a masterpiece of modern cinema.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 23 Aug 2007 at 11:12 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    It's a shame Arnold never got around to a third movie. Who knows, maybe he'll make one more once his term as Governor is up, perhaps about a aged Conan ruling his empire, yet still yearning for one last battle or something.
    They touch on this quite a bit in the books.

Lots of great movies could be done based off the aged king getting tired of all the city booshit and going one last journey.

Love me some Conan, both the movie and novel versions.

Conan, to me, represents the ultimate adventure badass (especially in the books).

I recommend this book to any fan of the movie:

It's a collection of Howard's Conan short stories and totally rocks.

The beginning of the original Conan movie when he is pushing the wheel is one of my favorite scenes in any movie.

I'm working on a little Conan tattoo, it's mostly going to be some script talking about Crom and the worth of men.

Also, I doodled this up a couple of days ago. This is nothing like what the tattoo will look like btw haha:

Last edited by Kidnemo; 23 Aug 2007 at 12:36 PM.

6. That is a perfect ass tattoo if I've ever seen one.

7. John Milius the guy who directed the original and co-wrote the script is writing the sequel right now. When its done he's supposed to cast a new Conan and film it . According to his and Arnie's commentary they were originally going to make three movies but Milius was doing Red Dawn and couldn't do Destroyer. I can't really think of anyone who's around right now who'd make a great Conan.

8. Quote Originally Posted by PitfallHarry View Post
    John Milius the guy who directed the original and co-wrote the script is writing the sequel right now. When its done he's supposed to cast a new Conan and film it . According to his and Arnie's commentary they were originally going to make three movies but Milius was doing Red Dawn and couldn't do Destroyer. I can't really think of anyone who's around right now who'd make a great Conan.
    Hopefully the get some unknown ripped guy. Doesn't need to be as big as old school Arnie though.

Would be neat to do a movie based on Conan's adventures when he was younger, though that really be very canon with the movies.

9. Quote Originally Posted by PitfallHarry View Post
    John Milius the guy who directed the original and co-wrote the script is writing the sequel right now.
    He's been supposedly writing this script for millions of years.

According to his and Arnie's commentary they were originally going to make three movies but Milius was doing Red Dawn and couldn't do Destroyer.
    Too bad, maybe it wouldn't have been retarded then.

Still, I just found out that the english princess chick in Destroyer was only 15 years old when she made it. 15, with those titties? Shit. I watched it again right away.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 23 Aug 2007 at 12:50 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Conan > Commando

I love this movie so much