Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Toonami

1. R.I.P Toonami

From Wikipedia

Effective Saturday, September 20th, 2008, Cartoon Network has canceled the block and has aired its final transmission on the same day. Employees who worked on the block will be going to other parts of the channel. Anime will be mostly handled by Adult Swim, and there will be a action block replacing Toonami on Friday nights afterwards. Toonami Jetstream will remain without the Toonami name. At the end of Toonami's final airing, the host, voiced by Steven Blum, ended the block by saying "bang"; this was the signature of one of Steven Blum's other roles, Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop."
    Goodbye, childhood.
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do

2. Well, shit. There were some nice guys working on Toonami.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. More like goodbye second childhood, I remember Toonami launched regurgitating crap I grew up on. This pleased me for a time. I was shocked as hell to see their sendoff video, because a) I didn't know Toonami even existed anymore and b) I didn't know Tom had a face.

Last word is a cute touch.

4. I didn't even know they still had a Toonami block going on. But I have some fond memories (especially the old Midnight Run) and I wish everyone involved with it luck in the future.

And this made me remember the Toonami Black Hole Megamix album DJ Clarknova threw together and never got released. I remember really liking it and I think I'll fall asleep to it tonight.
    Last edited by Timber; 21 Sep 2008 at 02:28 AM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. What's depressing is hearing "Goodbye childhood" in reference to Toonami. Makes me feel all kinds of old.

I'll miss Toonami, it was a great block back in the day, helped me realize how stupid some of those old cartoons were, and yet I watched them all over again.
    All is well.

6. Bang. </fin>
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

7. Quote Originally Posted by kuro View Post
    What's depressing is hearing "Goodbye childhood" in reference to Toonami. Makes me feel all kinds of old.
    Yeah WTF, Galaxia's profile says she's 25... more like goodbye late adolescence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. you know what was better than Toonami?

Boomerang, that's all I ever use to watch on CN back in the early 90s. Herculoids, Johnny Quest, the promos for some old ass Fantastic Four cartoon, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

9. I haven't watched in years, but this is sad news.