Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google Phone on T-Mobile

1. Ugly and looks like a kid's first phone with that cheap plastic. Why does it need to highlight that bottom area where it can slide out and leave those buttons below the bottom fold like a set of hanging button testicles? No one spent a moment of design time on this, especially when you notice it doesn't even have a headphone jack.

Google is better than the phones they're going to be put on.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    Ugly and looks like a kid's first phone with that cheap plastic. Why does it need to highlight that bottom area where it can slide out and leave those buttons below the bottom fold like a set of hanging button testicles? No one spent a moment of design time on this, especially when you notice it doesn't even have a headphone jack.

Google is better than the phones they're going to be put on.

Tommy Tallarico
    Usually when anything is white plastic it looks cheap and fragile. Good thing there is no white phone coming out through T-mobile. I'm excited for the phone. I like open ended phones and the features out weight the looks. Even tho to me it doesn't look that bad.

3. I was really excited about this for about five minutes. Then I noticed the lack of a headphone jack, video capture, video playback, soft keyboard, etc. Not to mention T-Mobile's new network is capped. I'm sure there will be applications out soon for media and such, but the features on that phone just aren't going to cut it for me. The OS does look hot, I just wish it was on a different device.

As far as I know I'm still waiting for the Blackberry Bold.

P.S. - I like white gadgets and electronics.
    Last edited by koda; 24 Sep 2008 at 12:46 AM.

4. Awww, the side by side comparison of the web browser against the iPhone's on Engadget killed it for me. Love the Android interface, maps are awesome (better on Android than iPhone), but the browser is real, real slow compared to iPhone, at least on the G1. I can wait for something to show up, hopefully, on Verizon.

5. Can't mark it down for that yet, we don't know if that is the final software. I would guess they get it working smoothly before release. If they don't that does look real bad though.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    I can wait for something to show up, hopefully, on Verizon.
    Blackberry Thunder.

7. 1gb monthly soft cap for data then its reduced to 50kb/s on transfers according to slash dot. Hope you weren't planning on using it for anything fun.

8. Quote Originally Posted by køda View Post
    Blackberry Bold.
    no wifi = fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. Quote Originally Posted by køda View Post
    Blackberry Thunder.
    Didn't they change the name to Blackberry Storm?

I got tired of waiting for it and picked up a Voyager. I like it so far but it does lock up here and there when I text from my contact list.

10. There will be other phones, HTC has a few in the pipeline, some even CDMA. Don't forget Verizon is starting to allow phones to be certified on the network that they wont sell themseleves. They also just added the ability to get regualr plans without any sort of contract. (just don't expect cheap hardware if you do)

Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    no wifi = fail
    Maybe its because people are used to shitty 2g and spotty 3g on some networks, but you really don't need it if the network is up to snuff. My curve on Verizon works fantastic on EV-DO. Compared to a Win-Mo phone on Wifi, its actually a bit faster.

As far as using it for the T-Mob@home service, its pretty much negated by Femtocells. Sprint has theirs out already, Verizon's will be out in the next couple of months. Same concept, but works with any phone for that carrier, not just a handful of of them.

And yes the "Thunder" is now called the "Storm" something to do with copyrights being on the Thunder name already. I am anxiously awaiting one myself. Tried to get in on the beta program, but it had like 1000 slots that something like 250,000 people wanted in.

Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    1gb monthly soft cap for data then its reduced to 50kb/s on transfers according to slash dot. Hope you weren't planning on using it for anything fun.
    But..but.. T-Mobile is GSM, and all open and free and creates puppies out of free air, while only Verizon is evil and shoots grandmothers in the face....How is that possible?
    Last edited by Wildkat; 24 Sep 2008 at 09:11 AM.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin