Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Paranormal, Etc. - Do You Believe?

1. Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Uhh...what?

And let's hear some stories Jetman!
    haha, alright, fuck it. Guess I got a little time.

Alright, Ive only had about 3 strange things happen to me, that are pretty hard to explain.Theres a fourth but it involved an abandoned hospital, and a wheelchair rolling around a corner, and honestly, it couldve been a hobo, I was still scared as shit given the circumstances but Im not gonna dwell on it, seeing as it COULD have been faked.Ill talk about the other three though...

*** Alright this first 'experience' or whatever took place down in Key West, Florida. My dad was prior Navy, so we moved around a lot and lived on base in the crappy housing they had there. I was about 11 or twelve, I think - hadnt begun my extensive experimentation with drugs or pot yet (didnt touch the stuff until...15?).Being Navy, dad would have to get up pretty early for work, around 5am or so.The door to my room would always be closed, but I could see light under the door, and know dad was up getting ready. Well, I remember waking up,hearing dad brush his teeth, before I got a chance to turn over in bed (almost right as I was sitting up) - there was a woman standing there right in front of me. Everything about her was completely white. I mean snow white.Her clothes,her hair (was tied up in one of those grandma 'buns' in the back of her head),her face, the only thing about her that had color were her eyes (this may sound really dumb, and I almost wanted to type in a different color in here because of how dumb it may sound, but Ill just say it like I saw it, they were red). and she said one thing to me, in a very angry tone, and the red eyes thing didnt help - "How Dare You". I think this happened in a span of about 3 seconds. Between me seeing her, and me pushing myself and 3/4 of the covers on my bed in the opposite direction off the bed.Fell off, and just sat there in complete wtf mode.I wont go into too many post sighting details, other than I never slept in that room again (I slept out on the porch with the dog for awhile, he was a big ass german shepard - I only felt safe in the house if he was close by) and my parents were pretty pissed at me for a time.Before we left there, mom kind of cryptically told me that she finally believed me - wouldnt tell me if she saw anything, but I kind of think she did. She read up on the island, and come to find out Sigsbee Key, where we lived, strictly an only Navy island for housing,
    had been a burial site back in 1854. Apparently there was a huge yellow fever epidemic and more than 1000 military people died and were buried in mass on the island. :/

*** Experience 2 also happened in that same goddamn house after the white lady incident. Parents were gone for the night. I was taking a shower, and we had those sliding glass shower doors with the foggy/misty shit on them, that blurs everything on the other side when you try to look through it.Well, was in the shower and noticed a black mass, like someone standing there on the other side of the shower - not real close to the shower, closer to the door leading out of the bathroom. The only slight detail I could make out was it had a brimmed hat (kinda like those black puritan hats?). So stood there in the shower, back against the wall, thinking 'what the hell,what the hell', wasnt really too keen on trying to fight someone off butt naked, and to be honest my fight or flight mentality was in the flight position and I just wanted to run the fuck out of there. Jerked open the shower door, quick-like to force my getaway - and of course - nothing there. Closed it to look through shower door again to see if Id been seeing things. Nope, no black mass. I grabbed a towel, and just hauled ass to the back porch and let Bear, my dog, in. Phone was closer to the back porch so called my best friends dad, neighbor who lived behind us, told him I think there was someone in the house and him and his wife ran over pretty quickly. Bathroom door wasnt locked, but the front and backdoor to the house were.The three of us and my dog looked over the house pretty extensively, and found no signs of anyone else being there. Id never told my best friend or his mom or dad or anybody but my unbelieving parents,about the white lady bullshit, so they didnt think I was crazy, and I dont think they told mom or dad about that night. And coincidentally, I never told mom and dad about it either.Didnt need to give them more ammunition in their 'our son is crazy campaign'.
    Last edited by Jetman; 05 Oct 2008 at 04:15 PM.

2. The last bit of weird shit Ive had happen to me, occured years later when I was in the Air Force. I think I was about 23, and was living in Panama City, stationed at Tyndall AFB. Obviously being in the service, drugs were definitely not a factor in my life.
    Was living in a townhouse/apt. quite a ways away from the main city out in the swamp, Beckett Bayou, I think? Kind of a creepy place because it was so far away and hidden,but I didnt mind a little bit of a drive and saved pretty good money by living there. Well, in this apartment, I never saw anything, just heard and felt some stuff, that would piss me off as much as freak me out. Id work more than a few 12 or 13 hour shifts, and come home just beat and ready to sleep. Well, my bed would shake, and the rest of the apt. wouldnt. It'd start off really miniscule and barely noticable, as if someone was in the bed with me. And the weird thing was, a few times I could see an indentation in the bed as if someone were sitting/laying there.Other times it would be a violent pound on the bed then nothing, and sometimes a rythmic shake (omg ghost dry fucking me?!).The light rythmic stuff for some reason, I first thought it was my hearbeat or breathing, but would hold my breath, then push myself off the bed, and would still go on. I took apart and rebuilt that bed so many times, trying to find a busted spring or soemthing that was causing that. nada.
    It went on for a bit, then one night while in bed, I heard something rustle the blinds to my outer balcony pretty loudly (slept on second floor), was winter time so A.C. wasnt on, and porch door was shut so no draft coming through to cause the blinds to rustle. but right upon hearing the blinds thing heard two footsteps (the townhouse creaked when walking on the second floor), felt something grab/touch the tip of my foot ( I always slept with my feet sticking out of the covers at edge of bed - I like my feet cold for some reason ), and heard it keep walking down the hallway into the next bedroom. Okay the blind thing made me sit up in the darkened room and after it touched my foot, I had jumped out of bed on the other side opposite the direction it was walking, and was blurting out every swear word Id ever heard. Turned on literally every light in the house - nothing.All doors locked, no one had been in there. I slept downstairs on the couch in front of the TV for the next two months. Then the couch started shaking :/ - Never as violently or as much as the bed but noticable. All that crap stopped when I left that apt. had same bed and couch when I got out of the Air Force and went to gainesville, and never had any more issues with them.
    Last edited by Jetman; 05 Oct 2008 at 04:43 PM.

3. Okay, this annoys me greatly because it doesn't fit in with my usual world view but I have prophetic dreams. This is not as cool as it sounds and probably just be a function of human pattern finding error. Every 3 to 6 months I have a dream of a single frame and sometimes a bit of audio. It makes no sense, gets no context and is useless for planning around the future.

Time passes, it comes to pass and I'm like whoa, so that's what that was about. Its usually stuff like some scene that comes to pass with my family, or something on tv or a person I've yet to meet.

Last one I had was my g/f sitting in front me, watching house (the tv show) with my aunts uncles and such eating avacado dip/chips. I'll let ya know next time i get a scene.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    Okay, this annoys me greatly because it doesn't fit in with my usual world view but I have prophetic dreams. This is not as cool as it sounds and probably just be a function of human pattern finding error. Every 3 to 6 months I have a dream of a single frame and sometimes a bit of audio. It makes no sense, gets no context and is useless for planning around the future.

Time passes, it comes to pass and I'm like whoa, so that's what that was about. Its usually stuff like some scene that comes to pass with my family, or something on tv or a person I've yet to meet.

Last one I had was my g/f sitting in front me, watching house (the tv show) with my aunts uncles and such eating avacado dip/chips. I'll let ya know next time i get a scene.
    You just described Deja Vu. welcome to the world of the paranormal Mars

5. its not deja vu if she actually dreams it.

I'm afraid I'd have to go with the pattern finding error. Statistically, you're eventually going to dream of something that will be similar to a later event you experience, its just a matter of whether you pick up on it or not.

6. Its happen about 57 times so far. Thats the annoying part. Since the majority of my life is around family or my g/f or in class its hardly useful.

Oh another time when I'm sitting back chatting with the folks. The thing is the audio is always dead on, person's voice, exact words said. I've recorded a few of these dreams and checked them off when they've occured included remembered elements.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    I've recorded a few of these dreams
    wat

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

She takes notes when she wakes up... Jesus...

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I believe there is room within science for "ghosts" to exist through a concept such as conservation of energy. Living people give off electrical energy. When the person dies, it seems plausible that an especially powerful charge could manifest itself in odd ways.
    I believe in a lot of supernatural, but I also think that a lot of them, like being psychic, seeing ghosts etc have scientific answers that either haven't been tested thoroughly or haven't been discovered.

I mean let's take being psychic for example or at least, being able to read people's minds. It's just electrical signals throughout the body and brain, so why wouldn't it be possible that a brain could be wired in such a way it could pick something like that up.

Things like energy working as well, people work on their chakras and energies, and it has an actual effect on the body. I think it comes down to more using chakras as a bridge to gain more control over certain aspects of your body. My friend heals faster than anyone I've ever met because she practices with energy. It'd make complete sense that she's gained control over what her body focuses on, and has it focus more on healing a cut than the average person or something like that.

I really think that supernatural things exist, in the sense that there is or will be a scientific explanation someday.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    I really think that supernatural things exist, in the sense that there is or will be a scientific explanation someday.
    Dictionary says hello.
    supernatural |ˌsoōpərˈna ch (ə)rəl|
    adjective
    (of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature : a supernatural being.
    • unnaturally or extraordinarily great : a woman of supernatural beauty.
    noun ( the supernatural)
    manifestations or events considered to be of supernatural origin, such as ghosts.

I don't like belief. I do not want to believe, I'd love to know.