Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Paranormal, Etc. - Do You Believe?

1. I love it when skeptics believe in ghosts. It's cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. My friend seems to have heavy beliefs in ghosts. He claims he saw them all the time at home (upstate) and not where he is here. There's not as many of them here, he says.

He's told me about all of these dreams he's had about zombies and how he's seen doors come to life and ouija boards and shining lights that are called spirits and whatnot. He says he can sense them.

Do I believe him? Not so much, but it freaks me the hell out.

3. There are always outliers or other unexplained error. Prophetic dreams might actually be some higher function predictive ability by the brain. Most likely its pattern finding error. Doesn't mean it isn't fun/educational to talk about the minority position.

4. Your friend may have a loose wire up in the brainpan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    Okay, this annoys me greatly because it doesn't fit in with my usual world view but I have prophetic dreams. This is not as cool as it sounds and probably just be a function of human pattern finding error. Every 3 to 6 months I have a dream of a single frame and sometimes a bit of audio. It makes no sense, gets no context and is useless for planning around the future.

Time passes, it comes to pass and I'm like whoa, so that's what that was about. Its usually stuff like some scene that comes to pass with my family, or something on tv or a person I've yet to meet.

Last one I had was my g/f sitting in front me, watching house (the tv show) with my aunts uncles and such eating avacado dip/chips. I'll let ya know next time i get a scene.
    This. It's just annoying to me now because it's never anything useful. Just once you'd think it could contain a stock report or even the TV blaring out the winning lotto numbers but noooo, I get to hear Ron go on about his new shoes well before he gets them.

THANKS, MIND BEAMS!

Around my early 20s I just wrote it up as a useless quirk of my life and stopped paying any attention to it. It doesn't happen as often now, probably as a result of that. Every now and then though *holds flashlight up to face* I might wake up from a flash of a conversation I'll have at a cookout I don't know is going to happen yet. The supernatural is pretty terrible when it can't even slide in the bit where eating the food would make me sick.
    So I forced my hands in my pockets and felt with my thumbs and gallantly handed her my very last piece of gum.

6. It's called "confirmation bias." You dream about something mundane, and then when it inevitably happens, you remember it and freak out. Meanwhile, you also dreamed about 40 things that didn't happen, but dreaming about shit that doesn't happen is ordinary so you never think about it.

SpooooOOOOooooky.

7. The dialogue is always the same which, while it may in fact be what you say, is enough to make it standout to someone it happens to.

Man you're a snippy boy lately, eh?
    So I forced my hands in my pockets and felt with my thumbs and gallantly handed her my very last piece of gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    I believe in a lot of supernatural, but I also think that a lot of them, like being psychic, seeing ghosts etc have scientific answers that either haven't been tested thoroughly or haven't been discovered.

I mean let's take being psychic for example or at least, being able to read people's minds. It's just electrical signals throughout the body and brain, so why wouldn't it be possible that a brain could be wired in such a way it could pick something like that up.

Things like energy working as well, people work on their chakras and energies, and it has an actual effect on the body. I think it comes down to more using chakras as a bridge to gain more control over certain aspects of your body. My friend heals faster than anyone I've ever met because she practices with energy. It'd make complete sense that she's gained control over what her body focuses on, and has it focus more on healing a cut than the average person or something like that.

I really think that supernatural things exist, in the sense that there is or will be a scientific explanation someday.
    Exactly. Watch Fringe.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    The dialogue is always the same which, while it may in fact be what you say, is enough to make it standout to someone it happens to.
    Try writing it down and see how you score. This sort of thing has been studied enough to be considered baseless.

10. It is not contradictory since supernatural is what we know today, but if one day we can explain this in science, then it will no longer be supernatural.