Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Paranormal, Etc. - Do You Believe?

1. There is as little evidence that ghosts exist as any other paranormal phenomena. All the measuring devices used on those "most haunted" TV shows are incorrectly being used out of their originally designed context by people with a retardedly strong bias to jump to ridiculous conclusions. I don't see why ghosts are given any more clout than any of the other unexplained shit.

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Your friend may have a loose wire up in the brainpan.
    HE CAN TUNE!

3. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Ultimately most paranormal experiences are marred by cherry picking specific outcomes based on the persons outlook on such things. Skeptics never get abducted by aliens or take photos of bigfoot, its always the believers.
    So what are you saying? Im lying

Ive watched those same "haunted shows" hoping they'll see something so I can feel less crazy about the whole idea that these exist. I notice that in the one on Sci-Fi channel only certain people seem to experience the major shit (voices/noises) and two of these guys who've been on the show for awhile never see or hear ANYTHING. Maybe it is something in the genetics or some other factor that precludes who see's or experiences what? I mean not everyone has the same dreams as Mars (assuming those are of the level of unexplainable "supernatural science") so people are definitely 'wired' different so to speak.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    HE CAN TUNE!
    You have been Dark City repped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Half the people in this thread have proven they believe stupid things.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Half the people in this thread have proven they believe stupid things.
    The other half, need to quit being scared and close minded and realize that science currently just isnt going to be able to explain everything out there no matter how much we want. Someday Im sure it will. Just try not to be a "know-it-all" and insult those of us who have seen things.Id love for someone to be able to explain away my stuff as drug induced, hallucination, lucid dreaming or something of the such. I know my body was clean of drugs those times, I know I was awake, and if I was mentally gone, I think I would have known by now and have hallucinated a few more times since then (and of more pleasant things like a naked Elizabeth Shoe or something)..
    If you havent seen anything, then okay you're lucky. I know the burden of proof should be on the witness to prove what they saw, I just cant. Not yet. Until then, Id appreciate not being called stupid.

you realize that you were probably just overtired a lot of the time from working silly 14 hour shifts.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Throughout my youth, childhood mainly, I had many many weird encounters similar to the ones you guys are writing about. There have been times when I would wake up and look to the left of my bed only to find a man standing above me staring at me. I've even rolled over and felt a body laying in my bed next to me, but as I've grown older, I've written many of them off as childhood imaginations. The others, I have no way of discrediting.

First of all, in the aforementioned house, my parents (father was skeptic, mother was a believer) both had stories. My father's story was that one day he was walking down the hall when he saw our neighbor standing in the closet. Quickly he did a double take, and no one was there. A few days later he got news that the neighbor he saw in the closet had died a few days prior. One of my mother's stories is that she woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of what she thought was me banging around her high heels on the hardwood floor. Then she remembered that my father and I had gone on a camping trip. She said she didn't know what to do except pull the covers over her head and pray that it went away.

Next story is in the same neighborhood. My mother had gone over to some older woman's house to meet up with a bunch of people to fight some city proposition or something, and brought me along. The older lady gave me some toys and let me outside and play in her sandbox. I vividly remember doing the usual sand stuff, but there were a lot of carpenter ants in there for some reason, so I was taking pleasure in ending their lives. Suddenly I looked up in the direction of the creek and saw the figure of a younger man over the water. Obviously I fucking booked it inside and didn't tell anybody what happened. Later my mom was chewing me out for leaving the toys outside when I told her what happened and what the man looked like; he was dressed in some sort of military fatigue, like a blazer or something. My mom turned a little white and told me that the lady whose house we were at had a husband who died in the airforce during WWII.

Finally, the most convincing supernatural events, and the one that has proven to myself that without a doubt the supernatural exist, happened in my current house. The house was built brand new on 5 acres of land in 2000. A few years after we moved into the house, we started hearing weird noises. I would be downstairs, and I'd hear banging around upstairs. This almost became so frequent I didn't think too much about it. Okay, I lied, it scared the hell out of me, but I started to get used to it. Both my mom and dad recounted times where they would be outside, or downstairs, and hear me wrestling around upstairs with friends, only to go up there and find the rooms empty, I wasn't even home! I would specifically hear the sounds when I was in the computer room, and I could hear them come down the hallfway sometimes and end at the top of the stairs. This continued for some time until my dad had left on vacation, and was paying me to weed this part of the garden in front of my parents room which was upstairs. My mother was at work and I was getting to my weeding when I started to hear the sounds coming from their room, so I said fuck this and went inside. Once I was inside all hell broke loose. Panicked, I called my mom in tears and told her to come home immediately. The sounds upstairs were louder and more frequent, and I could hear noises coming from outside the house, almost like something was scratching against the siding. Suddenly the noises didn't stop at the top of stairs, they were coming down the stairs. It seemed like the entire house was coming alive, and I couldn't do anything except sit in the computer room in a frenzy of fear. Once I heard the garage door open, suddenly everything stopped.

Later, my mom explained what happened to my dad, and one day when he was alone in the house he had a private word with whatever it was, and told it to please leave our house alone. We haven't heard anything since.
    Last edited by napalm; 07 Oct 2008 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

9. I believe in Leprechauns from Nantucket and Moon Dragons.

BOO!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    you realize that you were probably just overtired a lot of the time from working silly 14 hour shifts.
    I hope so, man. I mean I was in the Air Force 5 years and worked a lot of those odd shifts.Lived in a few different apartments and places over those five years and it only happened in that one place. And not every night at that. After most of those long hours I would just come home and crash out immediately.Just kind of hard not to notice certain things sometimes...

Id really prefer to hold on to the probability that "ghosts" dont exist. No one really knows what happen when we die. Do we still retain some form of consciousness, or is that just it when it happens - just absolutely nothing left but a shell? If there is some form of consciousness left, it kind of disheartens me to think that Id be subjected to spending an eternity standing in closests, over kids' beds, and outside of shower stalls as a quiet peeping tom when I die. Fuck that.
    Last edited by Jetman; 07 Oct 2008 at 05:47 PM.