Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 578910 LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Paranormal, Etc. - Do You Believe?

1. There is nothing left after we die.

2. Just live your fucking life and don't worry about retarded shit like what happens after you die.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I blv...in the force

4. Yeah, but that's just mitochlorians.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I believe in the unicorn.
    and I believe in Unicron
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

6. Optimus prime died for everything's sins.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    So what are you saying? Im lying
    lol, absolutely not, i don't doubt the validity of most ghost story claims, i think a lot of people believe they've experienced these things but I believe there are logical explanations in most cases.

Experience 1? Just woke up, still in a mild dream state, saw something as a result, and your memory has distorted it over the years into something more real than it was.

2 could have been anything, for example a moth or bug casting a shadow from your light shade, and the latent fear you were already feeling due to your parents having gone out for the night made it feel more real, and could have been further enhanced by memory distortion.

3 is a little odder as there was something physical happening. Did your bed only vibrate while you were on it or could you watch or hear it vibrate while standing next to it? I would take this as a separate phenomenon from the ghostly encounter. The sound of the blinds may have been actually a sound outside your window such as a bird or bat flying by, or any number of things, and you being in a hypnagogic state interpreted it as your blinds rustling, then created the sound of foot steps in your head.

Some of these might not sound like they could possibly explain what you witnessed, but you have to remember that A) These are just some examples of explanations i came up with, and B) memory is a very frail thing which can change on a whim. And I just want to state for the record, any experience with paranormal phenomena that occurs directly before or after sleep is immediately suspect.

As for napalms harrowing tale of a poltergeist bashing the walls, I had a similar experience too. From about 96 to 2002, my family and i would hear scratching and banging in other rooms and the roof, only to find nothing in there. We often woken up by our dog barking madly at apparently nothing. You know what it was? Fucking possums got inside our walls, and the sound of them trying to move around in there made all kinds of racket, even setting my dog off at night.

8. ..........and then he was brought back to life again, does that make Optimus prime jesus?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

9. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Throughout my youth, childhood mainly, I had many many weird encounters similar to the ones you guys are writing about. There have been times when I would wake up and look to the left of my bed only to find a man standing above me staring at me.
    This one at least is easily explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    lol, absolutely not, i don't doubt the validity of most ghost story claims, i think a lot of people believe they've experienced these things but I believe there are logical explanations in most cases.

Experience 1? Just woke up, still in a mild dream state, saw something as a result, and your memory has distorted it over the years into something more real than it was.

2 could have been anything, for example a moth or bug casting a shadow from your light shade, and the latent fear you were already feeling due to your parents having gone out for the night made it feel more real, and could have been further enhanced by memory distortion.
    maybe,man,maybe.It really would be nice to go back and disprove my memory and say this stuff wasnt real. Id be tempted to go back under hypnosis to pull up more details on the first two, except part of me just doesnt want to remember the details. I feared for my life in both situations.
    #1 put me on my ass out of my bed, due to "holyshitwtf" adrenaline, and Im 100% sure I was awake, but I do understand what you are saying about it being suspect due to just waking up.#2, Ive taken an uncountable number of showers in that shitty old house,when younger, and just never saw anything of the sort. The lighting was pretty solid and bright.

But I was a kid and its been awhile,so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by arjue
    3 is a little odder as there was something physical happening. Did your bed only vibrate while you were on it or could you watch or hear it vibrate while standing next to it? I would take this as a separate phenomenon from the ghostly encounter. The sound of the blinds may have been actually a sound outside your window such as a bird or bat flying by, or any number of things, and you being in a hypnagogic state interpreted it as your blinds rustling, then created the sound of foot steps in your head.
    Since these ones happened when I was more mature and had a better head on my shoulders, they stick out in my memory a little more. The bed, I could stand away from, and see it move and indent in portions of it. Thats why I took it apart so much, it was just ridiculous. I should have videotaped this shit.After I jumped out of bed and hit the lights the blinds were moving, footsteps I heard loud and clear

Quote Originally Posted by arjue
    Some of these might not sound like they could possibly explain what you witnessed, but you have to remember that A) These are just some examples of explanations i came up with, and B) memory is a very frail thing which can change on a whim. And I just want to state for the record, any experience with paranormal phenomena that occurs directly before or after sleep is immediately suspect.

As for napalms harrowing tale of a poltergeist bashing the walls, I had a similar experience too. From about 96 to 2002, my family and i would hear scratching and banging in other rooms and the roof, only to find nothing in there. We often woken up by our dog barking madly at apparently nothing. You know what it was? Fucking possums got inside our walls, and the sound of them trying to move around in there made all kinds of racket, even setting my dog off at night.
    lol,nice - no they're good explanations, man. Id like you to be right. If I end up unlucky enough to move into another weird environment I need to invest in a video camera for sure...