Page 1 of 275 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 2008-2009 Regular Season Thread

1. NHL 2008-2009 Regular Season Thread

Here's your official 2008-2009 regular season thread.

I'm very optimistic for my Oilers, but I'm wary of putting too much faith into a group of second year players. They can't all have the sophmore jinx, but we'll see.

2. Thank God hockey starts tommorrow ! Let the fronting begin.

3. I can't honestly say how the Rangers will fare. The odds are against are offseason moves to pan out, but if they do, we may make it the conference finals. If they don't, we won't make the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

Yeah it's going to be a really interesting season in the east I think. A lot of stuff happened. in the offseason.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I was just wondering today when hockey started. Finally.

6. So the Rangers are from the Mike Tyson school of making and keeping friends it seems. First we had Shanahan, and now Petr Prucha may not get to dress in his homeland.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/thewire/hockey/2008/10
    /04/prucha_snub_may_mar_rangers/

Renney should be trying to win a game I hope he loses, not please some fucking Euro-pussy.

8. Top 4 in the East: Montreal, Philadelphia, Washington, and.... Boston.

Rangers/Devils will both be lucky to end up 3rd in the division and 6th overall in the conference. Lucky.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Renney should be trying to win a game I hope he loses, not please some fucking Euro-pussy.
    Actually I have to disagree here. I mean you don't go out and sign a player just because you are going over there, but if you already have one on your roster, and there is little to no difference between that guy and the 2 or 3 other choices you have, give it to the guy. Otherwise you're just being a douche with no class.

10. Wrong. If you're a Rangers fan you're sick and tired of seeing Prucha. He's a hard worker, but he's blown more scoring opportunities than any other Ranger player last year. I feel for the guy, but his hands have turned to stone. He *is* playing today, but he should've been sent down. Better players are sitting who should be playing.