Page 275 of 275 FirstFirst ... 261271273274275
Results 2,741 to 2,748 of 2748

Thread: NHL 2008-2009 Regular Season Thread

I think not having a goalie is going to catch up with nearly everyone else.

2. Right. See, Ward won a cup more recently than Brodeur.

That's great. He also missed the playoffs two straight years since then.

4. And what's Marty done for you lately? Won 1 of his last 5 games that mattered? Does Luongo suck because he's won one playoff series in his career?

Goaltending will be a factor for the Caps, Philly, Montreal, and Co. I think the 'Canes, Rangers, Devils, and maybe Bruins are close enough that you can't give a decided edge to any of them solely on goaltending.

I'd like to see some highlight videos of the season, anybody got any good ones?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. My picks

East
    Boston over Montreal in 4. Then again the officials could continue to favor the soft Habs, which means they could get a game at home.
    Washington over New York in 7. The Rangers can't keep up offensively, although Lundqvist vs. Theodore helps bridge the gap.
    Carolina over New Jersey in 5. The Devs are playing their worst hockey of the year. Babchuk is on a tear.
    Philadelphia over Pittsburgh in 7. Philly doesn't have the likes of Gonchar on their blueline, but they're fine with a much-improved Jeff Carter and a Marion Hossa-less Penguins.

West
    Anaheim over San Jose in 6. Worst possible match-up for the Sharks in the entire west, the Ducks will punch them in the mouth.
    Columbus over Detroit in 6. The Jackets may be Cinderella, but the Red Wings goaltenders are the ugly stepsisters who lose in the end.
    Vancouver over St. Louis in 4. Tempted to give the Blues a game, but the Canucks are better in every way.
    Chicago over Calgary in 5. I really like the Flames but they are flamed out, with injuries and Kipper worn down. The younger legs of Chicago and Khabibulin charge ahead.

You've been in California too long.