Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Konami's Rock Revolution

1. Konami's Rock Revolution

I guess better late than never?

I suppose it was inevitable. At their Gamer's Night media event last night, Konami announced that they too will jump into the music game wars with Rock Revolution, a music game with guitars and drums, but no vocals.

Sporting a massive seven-input drum controller (six pads and a kick pedal), Rock Revolution's gameplay is identical to Rock Band's. Of course, Rock Band itself takes off of Konami's earlier music games like Guitar Freaks, but this is the first time the company has released such a game in the U.S.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

Fuck all this shit.

3. Seriously Konami can go fuck itself, unless they put some truly interesting music in there. But what would be better is if they just created a bundle pack for Rockband.

4. Late to the potty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Late to the potty.
    Yeah, they keep shitting on the floor.

6. I wonder if all the people who've been crying about "BUT KONAMI DID IT FIRST!" drive Fords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Konami and plastic instruments? Now I've seen everything!

8. What the fuck has happened to Konami. They used to be so fucking awesome, and every generation they just get worse and worse. It's like they're on this death spiral that they just can't pull out of.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. JPOP FTL

10. The game's Wii incarnation is said to include air-drum and air-guitar gameplay utilizing the Wii Remote and Nunchuck, but no additional peripherals. The Nintendo DS version makes use of stylus-based rhythm play for all instruments, and even includes support for vocals via the handheld's built-in microphone.
    LAWL!!!

The initial release of the console version will feature 40 songs, with downloadable tracks to follow after release on the Xbox 360 and PS3. A representative of the company later clarified to Shacknews that, unlike the master tracks seen in other rhythm titles, all of Rock Revolution's playable songs are covers.
    LAWL!!!

When questioned about cross-compatibility with between Rock Revolution's peripherals and other rhythm titles, Konami senior brand manager Lauren Faccidomo said that the company was hopeful.

"We're trying to work [cross-compatibility] out," said Faccidomo. "The drum peripheral was specifically made for this game—if it works with others, that's great too."
    Meh.

Source.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios