Category : TV
    Total Episodes : -
    Genres : Action, Mecha
    Year Published : 2008
    Release Date : 2008-10-01
    Broadcaster : TVS (Wed 25:30)
    Studio : Tatsunoko Productions
    US Distribution : -

When human beings are being ruled by robots that were created by humans, a girl named Luna appeared. People called her &��a bright sun like the moon&�� She called for help to restore order to the humans. The ruler, Braikingboss was scared of her influence and ordered three of his most powerful robots, Casshern, Dio and Leda to kill her. Eventually she was killed by Casshern. From her secrets, it caused the world to head for damnation.

It took a few hundred years to a state where the damage of "damnation" became irrecoverable, robots that were said to live eternally were not able to recover themselves due to rust and corrosion, and death would fall on them.
    Buildings are not able to keep their structures, most of them would either fall or be deformed, most of the land has changed to deserted wilderness.

Meanwhile, Kyuushan who disappeared after the murder of Luna appears, losing his memories, he is not able to remember who he is...
    Episode 1 is out and fansubbed already. So far? Really, fricking good. Madhouse managed to still capture the retro feel of the old one (Casshern's costume is still super slick), but the animation and the change of tone makes it great to watch again.

They've changed a few things in the storyline, pretty big ones too, but surprisingly it doesn't seem to bother me all that much.

The animation is solid and looks fantastic in 720p. You might recognize the artist if you've played a few GBA games before *cough Ciel and Zero!* and considering the plot, it's right up his alley to design an amnesiac, several hundred year old killing machine.

Check it out!

2. Madhouse did this? Awesome. I guess you can't go wrong with them.

3. Making him a kid ruins it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Making him a kid ruins it for me.
    Does it? Well, I understand how you feel, but I gave it a try nonetheless and really loved it.

But that may be because I think the MMZero series art is great (even though it was hard to appreciate at first).

5. Being a kid is so-so, but it's fucking Casshern so it must be given a good chance.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Being a kid is so-so, but it's fucking Casshern so it must be given a good chance.
    Word, my good man. Word (seriously, give it a chance, the animation's so slick).