June 2008: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [PS3]
    May 2008: Lost Winds [WiiWare]
    April 2008: Grand Theft Auto IV [PS3, 360]
    March 2008: Super Smash Bros. Brawl [Wii]
    February 2008: Devil May Cry 4 [PS3, 360]
    January 2008: Burnout Paradise [PS3, 360]
    TNL's Games of the Month 2007
    TNL's Games of the Month 2006

[ As usual, straight ports, retro compilations, and retro XBLA, Virtual Console, and PSN titles are ineligible. Exceptions can be made for ports if they have not otherwise been released domestically, and noteworthy remakes. ]

Notable (or not so notable) absences: STALKER Clear Sky, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Lego Batman, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, de Blob, NHL 09, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Pure.

The calm before the storm is quickly coming to a close, with a very strong September on all fronts. October looks like it will be ringing in the craziness in earnest, though.

My vote is almost assuredly going to Yakuza 2, but I need to really dig into it (I've just finally found a copy). WipEout HD is superb, also. And Mega Man is.. well, it's something. Crysis Warhead was good fun, but not terribly special.
    Last edited by Andy; 08 Oct 2008 at 05:51 AM.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. I'm voting for Wario Land.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Well how convenient - by the PS3 version of RB2 being delayed I can vote for Wipeout this month and RB2 the next.

What, no Civilization IV: Colonization? Sigh.

Tough call this month. Crysis Warhead, Yakuza 2, WipEout HD, Wario Land, and Spore are all great. But Mega Man 9 is bliss.

5. This is a tough one.

Rock Band 2 is a great interface tweak, which is what I expect from a music game. Already by the second game Harmonix has made it clear that you won't need to be doing disc swapping. The only potential downside is the nerfing of the vocals.

Yakuza 2 is kind of in the same boat; it's giving me a pretty good sense of deja vu, but it's still a good time. About six hours in. I haven't had a lot of time to myself, lately, though, so it's kinda sitting around.

Mega Man 9, too. I'm not crazy about the nostalgic look; it's a cool look, to an extent, but I'm more happy that there's a modern, challenging platformer of its caliber out, very easily available, and getting a lot of attention. The stages are better than the stuff I saw in MM1 and MM3, and there's a good chance it's better than MM2.

I'll need some time.

6. The only one I bought was RB2 and I don't feel like voting for it. While it got some improvements, it also picked up some more negatives that almost outweigh them. Honestly, I wish I could rip the RB2 track list and play them in the original instead. Also, why do I have to delete a song for it not to come up on the track list. Why can't I put it on an ignore list, and bring it back when I want to play it again, instead of having to download (or rip) it again? Lame.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. I'm leaning between Wipeout and DQ.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Damn, I forgot about Lock's Quest. That was great too. This was an excellent month.

You'd probably really like it, Andy. It's very similar to Pixeljunk Monsters.

9. X-COM?

10. Honestly, I wish I could rip the RB2 track list and play them in the original instead.
    Why is this?