Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Thirties

1. Thirties

Josh likes to bitch about being old. And he's on point with some things you shouldn't do in your thirties you did in your twenties. beer pong

But, in all reality, your thirties kick the shit out of your twenties. Observe.

First, the down side:
    • You have less hair
    • You HAVE to work out and eat responsibly to look and feel good.
    • You have to drink responsibly now hangovers in your thirties are NOT as fun as they were in your twenties. A bad night out can put you down for at least a day

That's pretty much it. Now the fun part.
    • You're wiser. seriously, think of all the stupid shit and dumb mistakes you made between 18 - 25 and how, even now, in your mid to late twenties, you know better than to repeat those. This only gets better with age
    • You're more confident. Yeah, you were cocky in your twenties, but all that dumb shit you did? Proved just that. You were cocky. Now you can lay back and be cool.
    • Money. You have money. Sure. A rare breed of humans are coded with the ability to see that money doesn't matter. But for the rest of us, it's a tool to get whatever was deprived from us as a youth.

So that's it. Just take care of your body, you should be anyway, you only get one. Other than that, life's your oyster. Just think about how every flashback craze goes back twenty years. 70's - 50's (American Graffiti, Grease), 90's - 70's (Dazed and Confused, Summer of Sam, Lenny Kravitz, Blind Melon), and now we have a ton of music and fashion fashioned to the 80's. Why? Because those in their thirties have the power and want to remember back on the freedom they had as teenagers.

EDIT: All this applies to women too, just exchange hair loss with breasts begin to sag. For a few years in my twenties I dated a woman in her thirties and enjoyed every year of it. Now, I'm just allowing fate to turn the tables.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 05 Oct 2008 at 04:52 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Well Im losing a bit of my hair AND I have some white hairs

man, I tell the hangover thing to all my friends under 30, and they give me weird looks. Good to see, Im not the only one who experiences it.

3. IBTN doc, good post.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    You have less hair
    Not true. So far I'm keeping every one.

You HAVE to work out and eat responsibly to look and feel good.
    Sadly, this IS true. No more eating an entire bag of crunchy cheese doodles in one sitting.

Although this could also be the result of most people working more sedentary jobs/lifestyles as adults as well as the aging process.

You have to drink responsibly now hangovers in your thirties are NOT as fun as they were in your twenties. A bad night out can put you down for at least a day
    I don't drink as much as I used to, but I don't get hangovers, which is weird because I used to when I was younger.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I too have not lost a bit of hair, but I am getting a few odd grey hairs in the temple area.

6. Fuck the two of you for having your hair, and I'm the same way about not getting hangovers, but I think it's because I know when to cut myself off, which sounds like what Dole's doing.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Well duh Doc, we aren't going out and drinking a 1/2 bottle of goldschlager anymore, and we're not chasing it with three bowls of KB either.

Anybody else divorced from the club scene? I went for a couple of hours yesterday and just bounced. That shit is terrible now.

8. I'm approaching 30 (turning 28 at the end of the year), and I don't look and feel any different than I did when I was in my early 20s. I think my hair might have thinned a bit, but I attribute that to three years of law school. I've always been into health and fitness since my college days, so I'm still in excellent physical shape. Sure, I'm making more money now, but I also have (a lot) more bills now than back then. So I can't say turning 30 will be that big of a deal. But who knows. I still have two more years to go.

9. It really isn't Nash, birthdays after 21 are really just a day when people pay more attention to you, that's all.

10. Right
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    ...three years of law school... Sure, I'm making more money now, but I also have (a lot) more bills now than back then. So I can't say turning 30 will be that big of a deal. But who knows. I still have two more years to go.
    ...and you have student loan debt. When that goes away and you get a raise...
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 05 Oct 2008 at 05:14 PM.