Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Ads on TNL: How to Love Them or Leave Them Behind

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Honestly no. To me it's a message board where I help with a LOT of PC problems (the tech board doesn't even scratch my pm's and AOL sessions with board members) and chit chat about mma and the NHL. I have other outlets for that. I have already been permabanned once because of it's politics and am not emotionally vested like everyone else seems to be.
    Then you don't have anything to feel bad about.

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Then you don't have anything to feel bad about.
    I don't remember saying I did

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    I don't remember saying I did
    You'd miss me. :P

4. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    You'd miss me. :P
    You had me at "Sam Adams"

5. LOL

6. <- just did it

Beautiful. I was getting tired of Amazon trying to sell me far-right-wing books.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

Can't you hide the subscriber badge? I don't want to be a prick about it. In fact my subscription is probably going to be on and off monthly.

I think TNL is worth the money, but that's me and I don't judge anyone who'd rather spend their money on something else, or honestly can't afford it. I just hope Nick winds up even or better this year, he and the other guys that have been running this site forever have put even more than blood sweat and tears into it, and I'm glad to pitch in what I can.

Otherwise this site would just be another page saying "the message board got nuked toasted." Awful.

Edit: Oh. You can only change your name color, not the subscriber badge.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 18 Oct 2008 at 06:40 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    What a crock of politically correct bullshit. I've been on the other end of this spectrum and Nick really isn't under any obligation to provide this service to anyone and it's fairly (ie. BLATANTLY) obvious that he shells out more than he takes in. After many, many, many of us have enjoyed these forums since the days of GameGO! then the least we can do is contribute to the effort. Forget about newbies, etc..., I'm talking about the "core" that's generally in their late 20's and 30's that really shouldn't give a shit about $20.00 and they've been around here for nearly a decade. That's how I feel about it and I'm not trying to segregate anyone nor am I saying this because I have a tricked out green "SUBSCRIBER" logo under my name. I feel that it's the least we can do for years and years and years of entertainment and conversation.
    Shut the fuck up.

9. Also, I don't know how these ads are being loaded but many are causing TNL to either lag or crash my browser. I assume they are PDF files because one ad reverted to PDF style once it fully loaded.

What gives?

Use a real browser.