Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Ads on TNL: How to Love Them or Leave Them Behind

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    The ads that Nick is getting pay revenue based on views. The more views he gets the better ads he can get that pay more in revenue. By subscribing you're taking away from those views. Thus quite possibly doing more damage then your pity $20 earns makes up.
    One would hope that six months of me subscribing is worth more than six months of not-clicking on ads.

(I thought the pay-per-view ad-model wasn't really common anymore, in favor of the more precisely measured pay-per-clickthrough model).

Also Tommy Tallarico's av/sig scheme is really freaking creepy
    Last edited by TODE; 19 Oct 2008 at 12:27 AM.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

2. Tommy's kind of a creepy dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Get a real career.
    lol. no.

4. Jesus, did business ever get serious in here. I've donated before, and this just makes it easier. I really don't care if somebody subscribes or not though, suggesting a "class war" is going to pop up here and there is pretty stupid.

Now quick yeller, let's go the subscibers only forum to review those naked pictures of Sats nick was holding out on all these years.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    TNL's running the same types of ads every other site runs. There should be no reason they affect your browser differently here than they would somewhere else, but if you notice one particular ad seems to be causing problems, send me a detailed report and I'll investigate.
    TNL's now become one of the only sites on the net that crashes IE on me.

It's hard to point out which ads are doing it, however...the browser usually crashes once the outer TNL framework loads and I'm waiting for the content/ads to appear. Usually the bottom of the browser says it's waiting for a reply from the ad server and that's when everything locks up.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

the toolbar was crashing my shit for a while, I had to uninstall it. It was some code for Chrome, which I'm not even using.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    TNL's now become one of the only sites on the net that crashes IE on me.

It's hard to point out which ads are doing it, however...the browser usually crashes once the outer TNL framework loads and I'm waiting for the content/ads to appear. Usually the bottom of the browser says it's waiting for a reply from the ad server and that's when everything locks up.
    Should I beat a certain someone to the punch and say "use a real browser?"

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Should I beat a certain someone to the punch and say "use a real browser?"
    I'm too busy beating your mom with punches to listen.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'm too busy beating your mom with punches to listen.
    Donkey punches amirite?
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

Ass punches.