Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Ads on TNL: How to Love Them or Leave Them Behind

1. Subbed & glad to help.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I also notice that the classic TNL themes aren't available anymore. Maybe that could be an additional feature for the payed members?
    I plan to subscribe anyway, but this would be a treat.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Which makes you more money, IE which way means the least amount of money out of your pocket to keep TNL up?
    We haven't run many ads, so it's too soon to tell how much they will actually bring in on a regular basis. Some ads bring in almost nothing, but if we have them running long-term we might get a steady stream of high-quality ads with them. Others pay well, but may be short term (like those announcing a new game). A subscription means guaranteed revenue, but do what you feel most comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    I'll browse at work logged out so you get TEH AD REVENUES too
    All that and the Ass Thread? If TNL Saints didn't sound like a street gang, I'd start a new user group.

Quote Originally Posted by TODE View Post
    . . . will the graphic under the username change depending on the skin? because it doesn't seem to match the TNL4.0 skin very well.
    It's the same on all skins. I'm not sure I can change that, but I could look into tweaking the graphic to have something more neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by K3V View Post
    Also, where is the name color deal in the CP? I can't find it and mine didn't change color
    If you are member of the Veterans or moderator groups, a subscription will not automatically override your user name font. I might be able to fix this later, but you should have the option to pick your display colors via the Group Memberships link in your user control panel. I have been changing the font manually
    Last edited by Nick; 15 Oct 2008 at 11:27 AM.

4. Got it thanks.

So, the subscriber label will stay ... cool.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. The badge signifies you are a current subscriber. It will be automagically removed when the subscription is no longer current.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean. Nevermind.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's the same on all skins. I'm not sure I can change that, but I could look into tweaking the graphic to have something more neutral.
    use this one, it should work decently on all the skins

edit: yeah, see how it looks on my thing
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cka; 15 Oct 2008 at 11:45 AM.

7. You know you've been around along time when you can remember when we all wanted to start paying to keep Gamego open. Whoops, wrong thread.

TNL is my home away from home. $3.34 a month for rent seems like a steal to me.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    use this one, it should work decently on all the skins

edit: yeah, see how it looks on my thing
    Talk to k0da about getting some graphics to match -- I am sure he'll be MORE than happy to help.

And as the originator to TNL - 20.00 bucks is a mere figurative sign of "thumbs up" to acknowledge all the great success that's come out of this community (and of course your dedication Nick).

EVERYONE that claims they appreciate and value TNL should be digging into their wallets right now!!! Blv.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    EVERYONE that claims they appreciate and value TNL should be digging into their wallets right now!!! Blv.
    QFMFT
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. If you want I could make a neat little pixelated "subscriber" icon.