Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Ads on TNL: How to Love Them or Leave Them Behind

1. Spanish language ads on an English-speaking board might annoy me more than pop-ups. "Who are the marketing wizards who came up with that one?"

2. I'll investigate into it. I don't remember having my mouse anywhere near the ad when it's happened. Only seems to be happening with that particular Sprint one.
    Last edited by Dyne; 17 Oct 2008 at 11:28 AM.

3. I believe I'm looking at the same one, and it's well-behaved for me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    That started to play and I didn't know where it was coming from...
    Haha, that's what happened to me. I was like, "What the fuck is going on?! Where is that coming from?!"

5. What is the point of the subscriber badge on the poster information box anyway? If you subscribe, then you already know that. And if you forgot you subscribe, it should be something on your User CP page. I don't think other posters care to know if you're a subscriber.

6. It's there to shame those that don't. You don't want to be the only one on the page without a green name do you?

7. I had no idea that you could put the poster information on the left side, but after using TNL for years with the info on top it's hard to change.
    Also, I had no idea that people have been leaving rep for me. I suddenly feel loved.

8. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    It's there to shame those that don't. You don't want to be the only one on the page without a green name do you?
    See as you don't have a badge either, I won't feel too left out or ashamed.

9. Subscriber info has to go. We already have people calling out others for not having a colored name (haohmaru in this thread).

Whether a person is looking at ads or subscribing, that person is helping TNL, and I don't think we need this to segregate users based on who chose one option over the other.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    having a colored name.
    That's racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.