Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2636383940

Thread: Ads on TNL: How to Love Them or Leave Them Behind

1. IT KNOWS

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OMGHOW.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	50381  

2. I'm looking at both the editorial and forum pages and making some changes for the better. One of the areas I'm studying closely is the advertising.

Ad revenue went up near the holidays (which I am very grateful for), then it dropped in the new year, but it's fairly stable, I guess. There will be a thread about this, but I thought I'd offer an advance peek.

I will probably change the subscription structure as follows:

One month with no outside ads on the forum: $2.25
    Three months: $6.50
    Six months: $12.00
    One year: $24.00

That will eliminate all leaderboard ads, skyscraper ads, etc., whether they are banners or text advertising. I will look into setting up some more non-PayPal options, but it will be the preferred method. One or two of you have opted to send money through the mail, and that will continue to be supported.

If you have a current subscription when this goes into effect (probably May 1), I will extend it. So if you payed $3.50 for a month, you'll get two. If you paid for six months, you'll get a year. If you don't have a subscription at the moment, now's a good time to jump on it, since you will in effect be getting a big discount.

Subscriptions can be purchased through your User CP, under "Paid Subscriptions."

3. Cool. Betty White was on my site. You can watch a commercial for Hot in Cleveland right on TNL.

4. Dude! Did you tell her you'd put it in her balloon knot?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. You never tell them; you just do it.

Hey guys.

7. Ok buddy.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

The Ad blocker setting works fine for me.