Page 1 of 31 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams

BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Developer 2K Games has revealed BioShock 2, subtitled Sea of Dreams, through a hidden cutscene contained within the PlayStation 3 version of BioShock. The trailer was revealed by N4G.com and the setting is said to take place along the "Atlantic Coast."

The cinematic features a woman looking out at an oceanic coast as she holds a small, big daddy figurine. As the camera pans out, pillar-like structures start to form what appears to be a city in the foreground. Finally, a BioShock 2 logo emerges and is quickly followed up by the subtitle "Sea of Dreams."

IGN has contacted 2K Games to find out more details on the next installment of the popular first-person shooter, and we'll update you as the news comes in.

UPDATE: While explicit game details were not unveiled, 2K Games has confirmed that the cutscene is legitimate, and that players can unlock it by beating BioShock on any difficulty level.
    Video can be seen here.
    Last edited by youandwhosearmy; 18 Oct 2008 at 03:50 PM.

2. It's got a lot to live up to.

3. Please, the sequel more like System Shock 2 and less Deus Ex 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

4. So is the trailer implying that this one will be on land? Either way hell yes to this game, I have a feeling they will not screw it up.

5. I bet they'll screw it up. Just a hunch.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

6. If there was ever a game the didn't need a sequel it was Bioshock.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    If there was ever a game the didn't need a sequel it was Bioshock.
    I wouldn't really mind a game with the same style, mood, atmosphere, etc., but the game really doesn't need a sequel. It'll be interesting to see how the sequel is handled and if they can really pull it off.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    If there was ever a game the didn't need a sequel it was Bioshock.
    +1 although i'm sure i'll buy it anyways

While the idea of revisiting that world is tempting, I would rather do it by putting the disc in my 360 five to ten years from now and playing it again. BioShock was one of those rare moments of brilliance. It ended perfectly, and I can only see it going downhill from there.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I don't think it's in the cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    Please, the sequel more like System Shock 2 and less Deus Ex 2.
    Agreed. I loved Bioshock but a sequel not simplified for the masses would be nice. I don't have that much faith in Bioshock 2. It doesn't seem like Levine will have the same degree of input into it, and I fear a cash run product.

10. I'm assuming that your character in the original Bioshock has taken the evil path and taken lordship over the denizens of Rapture and makes some move to establish a foothold on land. You're some new character and have to fight him, including his harem of Little Sisters who are now adult psycho bitches.

Yeah, this could be cool.MORE THAN TWO KINDS OF BIG DADDIES PLZ
    Last edited by Uriel; 17 Oct 2008 at 07:37 PM.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322