Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1727293031

Thread: BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams

1. I wasn't a fan of Bioshock 1 and never played 2. They both suck imo

2. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    They improved everything about the gameplay.

But the setting is just "HEY WELCOME BACK TO RAPTURE" and the story isn't nearly as interesting.
    I liked it a lot because it was back in Rapture, I wanted to see even more of it. I dug the story, some good tie ins and the endings were cool too.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I liked it a lot because it was back in Rapture, I wanted to see even more of it. I dug the story, some good tie ins and the endings were cool too.
    Agreed. You don't have the wow factor like the first game, but everything is better. Well, except the story I suppose, because I think they are both meh.

4. Story is kind of worse and kind of better.

Worse, because they retconned a bunch of shit and turned Lamb into this powerful character who Ryan was deeply concerned about, which was weird because she was never mentioned in the first game (obviously).

Better because the endgame really is awesome and the final story bits are really well done. It's a different story, still unique to videogames, less ambitious, but it holds up. It doesn't undermine itself like it did in the first game.

5. Yeah, I actually liked the story stuff more in Bioshock 2.

Either way, though, Bioshock 2 is better aesthetically and significantly better mechanically. Pretty clear victor, IMO.