Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Irem Arcade Hits

PC Irem Arcade Hits

18 games are included in this collection - Kung-Fu Master, Vigilante, Ninja Spirit, R-Type Leo, Air Duel, Battle Chopper, Cosmic Cop, Dragon Breed, Gunforce, Gunforce 2, Hammerin’ Harry, Image Fight, Legend of Hero Tonma, Mystic Riders, Undercover Cops, In the Hunt, Superior Soldiers, Blade Master - providing you with an explosive mix of adventures, fights, bosses to destroy and mysteries to resolve, armed with submachine guns, bombs, hammers or a simple chopper.
    Link

The first douchebag to mention MAME in this thread should seriously be banned. If you can't cough up $15 for 18 games, some of which have never been available for purchase beyond the PCBs before, then you need to go find a new hobby or kill yourself.

2. Why not buy the pack and then use MAME to emulate the titles you just bought?

Why deny yourself higher quality emulation?
    Last edited by Tain; 18 Dec 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Does this have a variety of video options or is it just nasty filtered shit like in the screenshots there?

4. I prefer retina-searing, scanline-free, unfiltered razor-sharp pixles, myself!

edit: LOL @ those screens. Hideous.
    Last edited by epmode; 18 Dec 2010 at 06:29 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Why not buy the pack and then use MAME to emulate the titles you just bought?

Why deny yourself higher quality emulation?
    Stop it with your logic.

These games need to look like shit and if we discuss any way to make them not look like shit we seriously should be banned.

You guys are all douchebags, and this is the problem I have with MAME. The fact that many of the games aren't playable elsewhere is just a convenient excuse to be a thief, because even when the games are readily available most of the people have no intention of paying even a whopping 83 cents each for them.

7. Is that version of Undercover Cops the bullshit U.S. version or the superior Japanese version?

8. It sounds like the developers have been listening to some people on shmups forum; TATE has been added, and they're looking into adding Japan-region Undercover Cops. Very cool. I'll pick this up.

So, again, Yoshi, why shouldn't someone who has purchased this and wants to play the good version of Undercover Cops (not the World version) not just boot it up MAME? Is that your reason? You'll deny yourself that option because other people use it for piracy?

Do you even think this pack would exist without MAME?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Stop it with your logic.

These games need to look like shit and if we discuss any way to make them not look like shit we seriously should be banned.
    Looking like shit because that's how they were made is fine.

Looking like shit because you're apply some cheap 2xSai shit to them to try to make it "HD" is not acceptable.

10. it doesn't accept my TE stick, lol

You don't have to use the 2xSai shit, but the video options aren't very good.
    Last edited by Tain; 18 Dec 2010 at 09:51 PM.