Only about 450 of 'em made. Most are still in Japan. They were manufactured in 1991. Great guitar; mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, and locking studs (Ibanez don't put these in anymore and that's a shame). Someone pulled out the Blaze II humbucker and stuck in what I think is a Duncan. This guitar is really thin, so it's comfortable, but it still retains a heavy tone since it's made out of a dense wood.

I'm gonna put it on ebay but I thought I'd see if anyone here wants it first. These are rare (and quite awesome) so they go for a decent amount. One in poor condition would go for around $400 to $500, although the better kept ones sell for around $1,200+. I'm pretty critical, so I'd rate it's condition around a 7.5 to an 8. There's three or four barely visible dings, and some very light surface rust (barely visible) on the upper base of the trem. Other than that, everything else is keen. I'm wanting 800ish.

The 540s7 was Ibanez's first seven string S-series guitar. It's also probably their best 7-String. There's something about the S-guitar's necks, no matter where you fret them, they are in tune, the chords have a very tight sound.

Herman Li from Dragonforce uses one, one of the guys from Korn has one, and uh, I have one.

If you have any questions, ask here or pm me.