Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are some other Bemani games other than DDR?

zidane747 Guest

What are some other Bemani games other than DDR?

If you could, name some really good bemani games other than DDR. And if you can, name those that have really good dance/techno music. Thanks a lot.

2. I'm fond of Dance Freaks and Para Para Paradise. There's also Drummania and Guitar freaks which are good, and you can't go wrong with the original.

3. Dance/Techno would be Beatmania IIDX. If you know what Beatmania is, IIDX (Two-Dee-Ex) is basically BeatMania with 7 keys and DVD movies. It is also reffered to as the Jesus of Bemani games.

Then theres-
    DrumMania
    Guitar Freaks
    Pop N' Music

Dead Bemani games are-
    ParaParaParadise (Thank god)
    DanceManiaX (Cry..)
    KeyBoard Mania (Double Cry)
    Pop N' Stage (Think Pump It Up, but with Pop N' Music songs)

Any questons you have about Bemani, Im the man XD I can link you to some of those whacky files that you can put in crazy programs like Winamp and they make music....so you could PM me about that =X
    Play Guitar Hero //

4. Oh and before you get confused-

DanceFreaks == Korean bootleg of DanceManiaX
    ParaParaDancing == Korean bootleg of ParaParaParadise
    Percussion Freaks == Korean bootleg of DrumMania

And I think thats it..theres one for KeyboardMania but the name isn't comming to mind right now.
    Play Guitar Hero //

5. Well, if you mean name the Bemani series aside from Dance Dance Revolution:

Beatmania. DJ simulation. 5 0r 7-key keyboard + a turntable.

Pop 'n Music. There's like 5? round buttons you press at certain times.

Drummania. Self-explanatory.

Keyboardmania. Self-explanatory.

Guitar Freaks. Self-explanatory.

Para Para Paradise. Para Para is a style of dancing that uses mainly the upper body, particularly the hands. I'm not sure if this is so much of a game as it is a simulator/teacher. Oh and Parapara is a feminine dance (tho most of the good PPP players I see in the states are guys).

The only other thing I've seen I believe is called "Dance Maniacs"? where there's two turntable thingies and you either have to spin the top or bottom.

6. Originally posted by Tsubaki
    Beatmania. DJ simulation. 5 0r 7-key keyboard + a turntable.
    Its not really considered a DJ Simulation anymore I don't know who Konami thought they were fooling.

Pop 'n Music. There's like 5? round buttons you press at certain times.
    9 Buttons.
    Para Para Paradise. Para Para is a style of dancing that uses mainly the upper body, particularly the hands. I'm not sure if this is so much of a game as it is a simulator/teacher. Oh and Parapara is a feminine dance (tho most of the good PPP players I see in the states are guys).
    Yeah, this game isn't taken seriously at all and is typically the most hated Bemani game for 93875298357329875 reasons. In fact, over at SVGL theres really only one use for it ( http://kthxbye.gd-kun.net/images/dig...rasonlyuse.jpg ). Sitting on and standing on to see over people

The only other thing I've seen I believe is called "Dance Maniacs"? where there's two turntable thingies and you either have to spin the top or bottom.
    Errr...no.

DanceManiaX looks like this-

That big pink thing is a close-up of one of the 4 sensors on the machine. On screen (If you're playing single and not doubles), there are 4 rows of sensors. 2 blue, 2 pink. Pink means to wave your hand over the sensor, blue means you wave your hand under the sensor. Think of it like Para, only that it came out first and its a hell of a lot better. Too bad that like para, its a discontinued Bemani game.
    Play Guitar Hero //

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by Sl1p
    Any questons you have about Bemani, Im the man XD I can link you to some of those whacky files that you can put in crazy programs like Winamp and they make music....so you could PM me about that =X

No problem, thank you very much(and to you guys who also responded). You seem to know a whole lot about Bemani. I just d/l some DanceManiaX(Upside Down-Hyper Euro Mix), and it's great. I'm looking for music that sounds like Initial D's music. Any suggestions on that?

Yeah, this game isn't taken seriously at all and is typically the most hated Bemani game for 93875298357329875 reasons. In fact, over at SVGL theres really only one use for it ( http://kthxbye.gd-kun.net/images/dig...rasonlyuse.jpg ). Sitting on and standing on to see over people
    I'm sure the MoMa crew would kill you for saying that :-P

I'm surprised no one has mentioned PIU (Pump it Up). I'm not much into Bemani, but it's similar to DDR, with nice music and 5 buttons instead of 4. Hayato is really into it, so ask him for more info.

9. I'm sure the MoMa crew would kill you for saying that :-P
    A bunch of guys shaking their hips like their on broadway? Boys playing Para is the equivilent of playing Barbies and dress-up with your sisters friends. If thats your deal, hey more power, but its the truth.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned PIU (Pump it Up).
    Because its not Bemani.

I'm looking for music that sounds like Initial D's music. Any suggestions on that?
    That would be Eurobeat music, and in fact, one of the songs from Initial D (I guess its in the anime. It was in the arcade game) is in IIDX-

Heartbeat - NATHALIE, BeatMania IIDX 7th Style

Then theres the whole ParaParaParadise soundtrack, thats all Eurobeat. DDR MAX and MAX2 has lots of Eurobeat, and theres a few more in IIDX. I can post all the ones I know from DDR and IIDX if you want @___@ I can't think right now but I can dig through some CD's.
    Play Guitar Hero //

zidane747 Guest

I can post all the ones I know from DDR and IIDX if you want

Would you please? That would be really helpful. Thank you SO much Sl1p.