Page 13 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Gov. Sarah Palin said Wednesday that she would be honored to help President-elect Barack Obama in his new administration, even if he did hang around with an "unrepentant domestic terrorist."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/12/palin/index.html

wat x2?

2. LOOK AT ME! I'M TOTALLY VIABLE FOR 2012! DON'T MAKE ME SHOOT ANOTHER MOOSE TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND!

3. What's awesome is she's done more interviews in the 8 days since losing than she did in the 8 weeks of the election.

Win Win.

4. Someone needs to give her a shock collar and zap her every time she uses the phrase "in terms of."

5. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    wat?
    What she's saying (in a very roundabout way) is that she's torn between the necessity of bailing out the companies due to their dire situations, and the principle of letting companies that made bad decisions fail, not rewarding irresponsibility with taxpayer dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    What she's saying (in a very roundabout way) is that she's torn between the necessity of bailing out the companies due to their dire situations, and the principle of letting companies that made bad decisions fail, not rewarding irresponsibility with taxpayer dollars.
    So she's clumsily expressing an incredibly simplistic and child-like restating of the question itself.

How is she not retarded again, man?
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 12 Nov 2008 at 09:37 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    You could have written "No position/No idea" and saved time.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    So she's clumsily expressing an incredibly simplistic and child-like restating of the question itself.

How is she not retarded again, man?
    Find any clinical definition of "retarded" which could reasonably apply to her, and I'll eat my words.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    You could have written "No position/No idea" and saved time.
    Well, "no position" sounds apathetic, as if you not only don't know, but could care less. Saying "there are two valid sides to this complex issue, and I would need to speak more extensively with professionals in this realm in order to make a more informed decision, Wolf" would have been better, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. she could literally just hum "i'm a little teapot" in response
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.