Page 19 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Quote Originally Posted by TODE View Post
    a blog tipped me to this and I will have to ask a similar question:
    Dare I ask which blog?

Okay, someone translate this, I DARE YOU.
    She was saying that as Governor, the burden of passing a sustainable budget is much greater than that of a Senator because a chief executive doesn't have the luxury of blurring a limp-noodle vote into a pack of 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    Dare I ask which blog?
    Mother Jones quoting Andrew Sullivan, via Right Thinking from the Left Coast.

Also, you have plainly been brainwashed against the Senate. I am pretty sure you are PalinFan, sir.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

3. That's actually an interesting blog. Well done.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    Dare I ask which blog?

She was saying that as Governor, the burden of passing a sustainable budget is much greater than that of a Senator because a chief executive doesn't have the luxury of blurring a limp-noodle vote into a pack of 100.
    Unless that state is Alaska. Fahreed Zakaria said it best when he said "Harvesting oil money and distributing it to people might be good experience to govern Saudi Arabia, but not the United States."

5. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    That's actually an interesting blog. Well done.
    I liked it more when it was all written by Lee, but he moved to China so it became a group blog. All the writers seem to think along similar lines. They all hate Ann Coulter, which is good.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

6. Quote Originally Posted by TODE View Post
    I liked it more when it was all written by Lee, but he moved to China so it became a group blog. All the writers seem to think along similar lines. They all hate Ann Coulter, which is good.
    I like them already.

7. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    Okay, so you don't even know the position he holds in Congress, and yet you've designated yourself as some sort of expert on the ethics of Ron Paul. Brilliant.
    "Hey, that guy doing that technically illegal thing is doing something illegal."

"BUT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE HE WORKS!"

Just pointing out the big disconnect in your retorts and things that, y'know, make sense.
    So I forced my hands in my pockets and felt with my thumbs and gallantly handed her my very last piece of gum.

8. you've brought us nothing but levity, sarah
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. Damn you Burg, you beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

10. John McCain announced he's running again in 2012. "I'll get you next time, Obama," the 72 year old sentator said, adding "Next tiiiiiime!" The press conference, held in an Arizona senior center where McCain is assumed, was attended by several reporters, including one that actually had a camera. A journalist addressed McCain as "governer" while another asked "You're Sarah Palin's grandpa or something right?"

I really felt bad for the guy.