Page 5 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. As for 2012, I'm thinking Romney/Palin. Everyone else was a big loser.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

2. We elected a black man, but I still don't think the country will elect a mormon. Romney can't win.

3. Also, Romney's kind of a plasticky, unlikable douchebag.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Also, Romney's kind of a plasticky, unlikable douchebag.
    True. The scumbag game show host aura he emits never did it for me.

As for 2012, I think it's gonna end up being Jindal/Palin on the Republican ticket (although events in the primaries could result in the order being reversed).
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. If you want to run a Mormon draft Steve Young....

Oh god I wish that would happen just so I could see if Yoshi would vote for him...

6. I just got this horrible feeling that Palin and Jindal are going to start a four year long presidential campaign starting next week.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    I just got this horrible feeling that Palin and Jindal are going to start a four year long presidential campaign starting next week.
    And I think you might be correct. Whether it's next week or next month, it's coming fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Also, Romney's kind of a plasticky, unlikable douchebag.
    Funny how you hear about a lot of Republicans talking about Romney like HE would have beat Obama, though. Funny how that kind of person appeals to the Republican base.

But really, I'm just trying to suggest Romney for the same reasons why Yeller was suggesting Palin earlier... because I want the Dems to have an easy time

And a new poll is showing that most Republicans still have a favorable opinion of her and over 60% polled think she should run. Remember when Bush won in 2004 and a British newspaper ran a headline like "How can 62,000,000 people be so dumb?" That's what I'm thinking here.
    Last edited by TODE; 08 Nov 2008 at 02:18 PM.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

9. I'm convinced that Republicans base their vote in primaries based solely on how many times they've heard a name uttered in their life. Prove me wrong.

10. Jindal seems like a nice enough guy, but he seems to be as scary a social conservitive as the rest of them. That alone makes him unelectable to me.