Page 915 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 901911913914915916917919929 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,150 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Also racism is super cool because you get to split up the populace. Not only can you distract them from the rich, but you can form arbitrary majorities to vote on their identity without providing any substantial policy.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    There's always been racism among Republican whites in rural areas, but urban Democrat racism is new and likely the product of the effort to end OWS. If not the timing is just a coincidence.
    I don't think any of it is new, but I think conservative whites are increasingly vocal, angry, and aggressive for a number of reasons, including a heated election cycle, a pervading sense of disenfranchisement, and the perception that blacks concerns are now invalid because Obama proves racism isn't real.

3. That's exactly what I said. The only reason Republican racism has grown in the last 2 years is out of a reaction to the explosion of Democrat racism in the past 4 years.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. I don't think Obama existing and being black is the same thing as "Democrat racism." I don't think angry guys are reacting to racism, just like I don't think "Men's Rights Activists" are reacting to sexism. I think they just don't feel like they're empowered or that they're less empowered than they once were and they're lashing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    All the super hero movies and comics.
    I am super stoked for the Black Panther movie. Even more than the Thor and Hulk buddy comedy in space.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I don't think Obama existing and being black is the same thing as "Democrat racism." I don't think angry guys are reacting to racism, just like I don't think "Men's Rights Activists" are reacting to sexism. I think they just don't feel like they're empowered or that they're less empowered than they once were and they're lashing out.
    I know you live in a bubble, but the patriarchy, white privilege, sex and race are the only things democrats talk about any more.

I mean just look at what the cripple above me just posted.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I know you live in a bubble, but the patriarchy, white privilege, sex and race are the only things democrats talk about any more.

I mean just look at what the cripple above me just posted.
    Discussing race issues is not the same thing as racism. That's a dopey way to frame it.

Yes, these people are sick of hearing about these issues, and feel that those concerns are invalid, so they're voicing their racism with less regard for how that will be received than in the past. That does not mean they are reacting to "Democrat racism."
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 26 Oct 2016 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I am super stoked for the Black Panther movie. Even more than the Thor and Hulk buddy comedy in space.
    I wasn't joking or being sarcastic. White people have so much awesome stuff. We could take a year off and everything be fine. Batman the animated series or star trek isn't going to disappear because of minority cosplayers.

9. Exactly.

I just don't want whitey to fall for victim culture horse shit and start bitching about racism or cultural appropriation. There's no need to bring someone down to get yourself up.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 26 Oct 2016 at 02:45 PM.

10. Racism and cultural appropriation are not equivalent concepts. Racism is objectively real, and has an impact on most people of color's lives.

"Cultural appropriation" is a toxic, bullshit concept that exists solely for the purpose of division and concern trolling. It's an anti-liberal concept that stands in direct opposition to the idea of a diverse cultural "melting pot". You can't lump that and racism together to try to trivialize them both.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 26 Oct 2016 at 03:19 PM.