Page 618 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 604614616617618619620622632 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. There's a lot about New York City that seems awesome.

Then there's super high taxes, expensive goods especially considering the value money here in Georgia, and it's crazy hard to get around if you're not familiar with the subway. Sounds like a better place to vacation for a while.

True

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I love the food and cutlure diversity in America. It's basically not like that anywhere else.
    The US is certainly culturally diverse but I think a lot of people underestimate the other Anglosphere countries in that department. Toronto, Sydney, London, etc. are very diverse places.

4. also US food culture in general is pretty awful, outside of major cities and BBQ.

What kind of dumbass statement is that?

What is your standard of good?

Yeah, that's a completely ignorant statement, unless his definition of "major cities" goes down to a few hundred thousand citizens.

7. I make the same blanket statements about food north of the Ohio and Delaware rivers being tasteless ...unless it's Italian.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

The farther you get from cities the quality tends to drop off in food, though there are always exceptions. You need local knowledge to find the good spots though.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Isn't that kind of true even in cities? Times Square food is not good, and that's me being charitable. I mean, you can walk a couple blocks and find far better food but a lot of people don't do that.

10. Same goes for Central Texas. You look for a German, Czech, or bar-b-que joint and you still check Yelp. Everything else is a diner who gets their food from Sam's.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt