Page 909 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 895905907908909910911913923 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Palin will get a TV show and remain background noise for the rest of your lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Attached Images Attached Images

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Everyone seems to forget that lizards have no problem kissing black children.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It's not hard to infer that because she literally said "open borders".

If she just meant trade she would have stopped at "open trade."

She wants a system like the EU from Argentina to Canada. I think this is a fairly straightforward reading of her remarks. I don't think I am twisting her words. Plus, this makes more sense than some bullshit like she gave a speech to some rich bank assholes to talk about moving energy around.

Maybe she was lying. Maybe she was pandering. Maybe she was trying to give her benefactors their money's worth. I have my doubts. That doesn't mean she would get it done - EU needed 50 years and a lot more people invested than one leader (and it shit the bed in less than half that time). But I have a good feeling that is something she actually does want.
    I don't disagree at all that it's almost certainly in the spirit of what she believes — in openness of a market the spans many countries in one geographical areas. You and I can make these assumptions because who cares?

I think it's a different ballgame if you're making accusations in a public forum like a debate. "Open borders" is too broad to specifically tie her down to open immigration, esp. in a speech format where verbal gaffs are common and easily explained (though not forgiven). The issue with this term isn't the word trade or borders— it's open. Unless we're going to choose to believe an authoritarian leaning person like her literally means no sovereign control there has to be an upper-bounds on the limit to process and governance. She would have to be more specific for anyone to pin her to that mandate. Trump lobbed her a meatball by keeping it so focused on prose and not meaning.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 20 Oct 2016 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Agree that Trump blew the response but that's not a surprise. I think it's reasonable to ask her to clarify but her clarification was laughable bullshit. That is what I am saying. The most charitable interpretation is something like the Schengen Agreement. I don't see how the phrase can be reconciled to some more restrictive thing in which case another phrase could be used.

Anyway PolitiFact says that saying she wants open borders after she gives a speech that says she wants open borders is a "mostly false" statement which should tell you that this is a partisan hunk of shit website masquerading as an objective judge.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post

HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING!!!

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I have a hard time believing that guy killed JFK.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Ted Cruz's father?

9. G HW Bush (Daddy Bush) was an employee of the CIA when Kennedy ate a bullet, and is often considered a prime suspect by many in the conspiracy field of having some sort of involvement.