Page 846 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 832842844845846847848850860 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,460 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. We also need to separate hate and racism, and logic from mythology surrounding racism.

On a tangible scale that means - whites abandoning the confederate flag, repaying slavery by making an honest effort to incentivize African American employment and small business loans, we owe them a shot at that Anerican Dream, blacks have to abandon #BLM, support their children, police their neighborhoods, and put pressure on gangs, the government needs to streamline easy fucking visas for foreign labor at the cost of a 1.5x tax bracket until citizenship is issued at a reasonable timeframe, and finally Muslims have to put out radical Islam as the Anglos in the UK and US did with slavery & segregation.

Racism is so prevalent because none of these tribes want to own up to inner problems. Instead, they blame each other and hold their fucking grudges for generations over the past.

EDIT: give the natives back The Dakotas, Oklahoma and New Mexico after whitey cleans up the meth epidemic
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 30 Sep 2016 at 11:35 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. There's an issue there with First People. If you give the plains tribes land, what do you do with the Seminole? The Cherokee? That land is too valuable to give back.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Good point. The legal wrangling of land ownership would go on forever. But they need power given back to them. Be it, congress seats, districts, etc.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. I for sure agree with that. A parliamentary system would address many grievances.
    Boo, Hiss.

White people could just accept that they are horrible and tell everyone to fuck off?

Because we are never going to make this shit right. Never. We are never going to balance our new rational and fair outlook with the lives we are accustomed to living.

We are not going to give the US back to the Indians. We are not going to make Africa great and modern and send everyone from there back. We are not going to go back to England or Europe or where ever the fuck we came from. And when we get there, England, France, Germany and Russia are not going to fix everything and everyone they've fucked over in the past 2000 years.

We're not giving back the gold, or the silver, or the diamonds, or the oil, or the land.

We can barely give the minorities we have a little leg up on getting a job. half our country bitches endlessly about affirmative action, minorities scholarships, minority admissions, allowing segregated schools. We can't even get 50% of people to agree to not be complete garbage. Like, we ask for hey, lets give these people a spoonful of not horrible. And they are like NO, THAT ISN'T FAIR.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    List of revolutions that worked: those two. List of disasters: most of the other ones.
    They also were pretty specific in what they wanted out of a new government against an over arching system. I haven't heard even a single idea from the burn it all crowd that wouldnt make things worse.

Even then this very thread is calling for a Parliament hill. So without the revolution you would have had that by now.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 01 Oct 2016 at 12:06 AM.

7. He're the rub, IP. We gave the gold, and the silver, and the diamonds, and the oil their value. A lot of our tribal conflicts are based in separate values. The western world projected their virtues onto other cultures and expected them to jump on board. And that part I don't know how to reconcile. I don't know how to balance the rift which is explained here.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Can you blame them, when this is the education they are getting in universities these days?

This teacher rules. I'd welcome a talk about Pepe in any soc class right now. I'm a soc major and all my professors have been at LEAST 7 years behind the times about this kind of stuff. I'm in Sociology of the Family right now and we're in the "gender" chapter, and my god the disconnect between what is taught and real life....there's a serious lag. Kudos to this guy even if the students are mega embarrassed about it, the dedicated students will realize how lucky they are to get a teacher that actually resides in 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. The problem is, and I wasn't in the class, but the slides are regurgitating an MSNBC marketing campaign rather than a legitimate social study of online culture. You can't see something on CNN, then googe "Pepe", going to the News tab, spend three hours reading commercial, advertising driven news articles you found, jump to the image tab, collect some Pepes, then give a lecture on it. That tells you nothing about Pepe. But it would be the start of a great study on the ignorance of modern news.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Even then this very thread is calling for a Parliament hill. So without the revolution you would have had that by now.
    Nobody cares about Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!