Page 615 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 601611613614615616617619629 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Real question, how much time do you need to live in Iran to know it's better to live in America?

2. How can you make blanket statements that America is the best place to live when you've never really spent any time outside of it?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    How can you make blanket statements that America is the best place to live when you've never really spent any time outside of it?
    I didn't say best place to live. I said there's no where else I'd rather live. Big distinction. There's no way there's a "best place to live" but I have no college degree and I own a home, drive a new car, and I have no debt other than those things. Right now I'm watching Netflix and playing Dark Souls while I drink Calpico I got from a Japanese market. Earlier today I watched last nights Game of Thrones while drinking a Stone beer brewed right here in San Diego. It's not like I'm suffering, it's not like I could expect significantly better in any other country. Life in America is pretty all right and I don't think I'd want to give up things that are notably American to live in Japan for example, even though I think Japan is pretty neat in a lot of ways. If I had been born in Japan, totally different story. Leaving my country, which is totally not terrible, just isn't something I'm interested in. I like that I can eat good Mexican food, Tai food and BBQ within ten miles of each other. I like the national park system. I like the different feel of our states. I like that we control the largest military and have no enemies attached to us by land. I like that we make a lot of movies and TV shows that are awesome. I like that I never have to worry about food or water and that the difference between the best and worst case scenario for our current president nominees still leaves me with way more buying power than your average Canadian just because of the current strength of our dollar. I can't name a thing about this country I'm dying to get away from.

The main point earlier though is that people say shit like "I'd love to leave" and I think where to? Where is better? Not just fun and different, not just you're bored of your life here, but where is so much better that you want out of a country people are literally applying to get into.
    Last edited by Opaque; 02 May 2016 at 06:49 PM.

4. That's the most 'Murican fucking thing I've ever read.

- blanket statements about places you've never been
    - "I'm comfortable so everything and everyone else can fuck off."
    - that good 'ol "no college education, it's all bootstraps do you even lift bro" can-do attitude
    - we've got a lot of good food and drinks here!

AMAZING

I cannot WAIT until we start arguing about the definition of "better" and the snark really starts to fly!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by No One; 02 May 2016 at 07:18 PM.

5. You live in California, you should be worrying about water. From what I've been reading, we all will in the not too distant future.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    It's not nearly as easy as just packing your stuff.
    Actually, you don't even need to do that. Just ask Pablo.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    You live in California, you should be worrying about water. From what I've been reading, we all will in the not too distant future.
    What we've got going on is nothing compared to what Texas is dealing with. That shit is scary. Plus, we have water right now, so fuck it YOLO

8. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    That's the most 'Murican fucking thing I've ever read.

- blanket statements about places you've never been
    - "I'm comfortable so everything and everyone else can fuck off."
    - that good 'ol "no college education, it's all bootstraps do you even lift bro" can-do attitude
    - we've got a lot of good food and drinks here!
    Quote one blanket statement. Blanket statements are like "all other countries suck" or "No russian food is tasty". I didn't say shit like that about any other countries. I at most commented on things I've read about their economies or current social situations. Saying Iraq is not a great place to live isn't a blanket statement, it's a fact statement. Iraq is fucking terrible in most ways related to daily life and not better than America in any way I've ever been told of.

It's not "I'm comfortable" it's everything is fucking awesome and bullshit complaints are just that. There's plenty of ways America could be even better.

I don't know what to tell you, I worked hard and things don't suck. A lot of people I know who aren't happy with America call unemployment "funemployment" and are career students. If you're 30 and you deliver food via an app as a job, the problem is you.

I love the food and cutlure diversity in America. It's basically not like that anywhere else. How are you making that a bullet point like it's a bad thing?
    Last edited by Opaque; 02 May 2016 at 07:30 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    You live in California, you should be worrying about water. From what I've been reading, we all will in the not too distant future.
    Yeah that's not great. I don't like what the water authorities in my area are doing with it either. We already cut back use and when they made new cuts they didn't take that into account, so quite literally people who already were conserving are being punished for it now. Meanwhile households account for a ridiculously small amount of state water usage.

I'm not going to move to another country because of it though because I'm not a fucking baby about how the real world works. Other parts of California are great. The positives way outweigh the negatives.
    Last edited by Opaque; 02 May 2016 at 07:31 PM.

10. Hold on, I'm trying to light the Cheeks Signal. I'm curious if an argument between the two of you will unmake time and space.