Page 825 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 811821823824825826827829839 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,250 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Trump not paying his taxes is a badge of honor to the people who are voting for him. They hate the gubment.
    I have some dissonance around it. I pay my taxes, with some mild chagrin thrown in for no real reason, and think he should be doing it. But at the same time—it is pretty stupid to give away money you could keep. Close 'dem holes or the market favours the evaders anyway. Can't beat'em join'em kind of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The average republican doesn't even know what the income of a wealthy person is.

To them, wealthy is the doctor that makes 100k and if he got a tax break he could create one more job for a nurse.
    If you poll people in general the definition of rich is relative to them. Some people think making 150k doesn't make you rich—and in some markets it might not. I would say anyone making 250k or over is rich, but even then I'm only picking that number based on tax law. .
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 28 Sep 2016 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Some poor or disadvantaged people still buy into racism or success based biology. That people are just born smart. Or that they are born with the ability to be wealthy. They don't understand that it is a mix of choices, learned skills and stuborness.
    Yeah exactly. Richard Feynman, a Nobel prize winner in Physics, had an average intelligence. IQ is VERY over rated. He just studied the shit out of physics and was courageous in the face of failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I don't mind people boasting about legal tax avoidance, as long as they praise "welfare cheats" as clever leisure seekers.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. Some would point out that tax avoidance is you keeping your own self earned money while the other is the opposite - taking it from someone else.

I'm fine with the current system and welfare assistance. There's even a bit of research that minimum income for all produces a higher GDP.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 28 Sep 2016 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Some would point out that tax avoidance is you keeping your own self earned money while the other is the opposite - taking it from someone else.
    The some who are actually objective, yes.

6. Don should have pointed out as steward of the nation, he'll be as guarded with the nation's money as he has his own.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Wats an aleppo
    Some kind of dog food.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The some who are actually objective, yes.
    It's cute that you think that's the objective view.

Trump relies and uses more commons than a low income earner. His companies rely on infrastructure to move materials and goods, he has more wealth to lose if police and military don't maintain order and national security, Etc.

If he contributes proportionally less to the running of America, yet "uses" America more. That's the same as if someone just "uses" America even more (like welfare).

9. Then Congress should change the laws that let him do this. That's the point.

Nobody is writing a check to the IRS they don't have to.

10. Yeah, when did I say people shouldn't be doing that? My point was to not "kick" people on welfare.