Page 679 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 665675677678679680681683693 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Can the same not be said about young people who don't remember history or fail to understand it repeats itself?
    Probably not. It's usually the young people that want to progress and the old that want to keep it the same. I don't think we've ever come to a point where someone had to say, "well, you remember what happened the last time we freed the slaves or let women vote!" and it not just be some bullshit.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It is literally physically.
    Is it?

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Cameron resigned.
    Silver lining, I guess?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Probably not. It's usually the young people that want to progress and the old that want to keep it the same. I don't think we've ever come to a point where someone had to say, "well, you remember what happened the last time we freed the slaves or let women vote!" and it not just be some bullshit.

In this case though, the old people voted for change and the young people were born after the EU and half of them didn't pay attention to their history class.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Young people, being young people, often do indeed believe that "their way" is automatically better and "progress." Just because they say it is so doesn't make it true.

I heard on TV the UK has been in some form of the EU since the 1970s. That means that a 70 year old has been alive and politically conscious for the entire time. When they say they want to GTFO is it really a case of "old people smh"?

6. But their initiative to get the ball rolling is what instigates eventual progress. Revolution isn't an old man's sport.

7. I doubt this will be the disaster the media wants it to be, but I feel for the young Britons, who will likely lose freedom of movement in Europe.

I doubt Europe will be stupid enough to punish Britain for this with new trade deals, they would be cutting their nose to spite their face.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

You're probably right. Germany depends on exports for their high standard of living.

9. The EU is losing their second biggest economy. They have to give Britain a good enough deal to make sure it doesn't effect their economies but a bad enough deal to show there is a price to pay for leaving. Good luck!
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    I doubt this will be the disaster the media wants it to be, but I feel for the young Britons, who will likely lose freedom of movement in Europe.
    As opposed to all the freedoms they lose in the EU? That sounds like the deal of the century.

Think about what you just said a different way though. You cast a vote for your country to stay in an organization so you can leave your country? How fucking backwards is that?