Page 621 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 607617619620621622623625635 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,210 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You gonna punish people from cooking from raw ingredients? That creates a lot more waste than a bag from the freezer. My city forces composting, but most places don't.
    I would think if anyone was to really try doc /pol/ post 4822663777821 compost would be excluded. That could encourage less past bags and lamented cardboard and a move to more bio friendly brown paper bags and boxes.

Jesus auto correct

3. Amen.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Have you even gone to college.
    I will have you know, I dropped out of four colleges!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    My favorite thing about America is that I'm 20-25x more likely to get shot here than anywhere else.
    They talk in statistics about how numbers don't lie but people lie about numbers.

Yeah, the statistical odds that an American will be shot is higher than a lot of countries without guns, but it's not that simple. About one third of gun deaths in the US are actual homicides and the math works out to 1 in 28,987 Americans will be killed by a gun ever year. Wanna get really into it? In California the odds of a white guy like me dying from a gun related homicide are so low that the average citizen of Iceland, Denmark, Italy, Sweden, Portugal, Norway, Belgium and even Canada are more likely to die from a gun than I am. That's because only 1.2 in 100,000 white people in California will die from a gun related homicide per year but 1.25 in 100,000 people in Iceland will die by a gun per year. Norway is at 1.75, Canada is at 1.97 and Mexico is at 7.64 per 100,000.

Statistics are a mother fucker. Everything I just said is 100% true and also total bullshit. Gun deaths are high in the united states compared to other countries, but you Josh, you are not 20x more likely to die from a gun here than anywhere else, you just live in a country where there are 10x as many gun deaths per 100,000 as somewhere like Iceland but there's more to consider than just what country you live in. You are 2x as likely to be murdered by a gun in Mexico than The United States. You are 20x more likely to be murdered by a gun in Honduras. You are 10x more likely to accidentally kill yourself with a gun in Uruguay than the United States. Lastly you are 243x more likely to die from a gun in an undetermined fashion in Venezuela than you are here. What does that last one even mean? Who knows!
    Last edited by Opaque; 03 May 2016 at 07:48 PM.

6. Mexico and Colombia have stricter gun laws and more gun deaths.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. And Josh is pulling that number straight out of his magical asshole.

Attached Images Attached Images

Don't talk about my asshole.

9. Your 20-25x figure does not even register with a nation on that chart. With "than anyone else" I would at least like to imagine you and Icarus think the entire world is the United States and Iceland, but even then US citizens are only 8.5 times more likely to get shot.

10. Japan and India. You are more than 20x more likely to get shot in the US than you are Japan or India. But even in that cherry picked number, you are 2x more likely to get shot by yourself than you are another.

Why are you trying to shoot yourself Josh? Is it because you moved to Seattle?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ed_death_rate#
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 03 May 2016 at 08:34 PM.