Page 420 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 406416418419420421422424434 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

2. Why is Cruz running ads to make you like Clinton?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. If Clinton did this she is awesome.

4. But she didn't, 'cus she's not. Cruz is running A+ marketing. He almost has my vote, the sick fuck.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I despise Cruz, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't warming up to him. It's also a sad commentary on what the parties are offering this year that he might actually warrant a second look.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Yes, Drew said "we should limit campaign financing like these countries" and Andrew's response to Drew was "but those countries have immigration and 'cultural' problems" as if there were a correlation there.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. This is what happens when you live on the wrong side of the planet. The board is most active when I'm either asleep or in a morning meeting or something. Anyways.

I wanted to talk about the cultural crises in Europe not because there is a direct correlation, but because I find it interesting and worthwhile to discuss. But if you want to stick to campaign finance, that's cool. The reason we have Citizens United and Super PACs is to counterbalance the hefty influence of labor unions. If you want to throw out the bath water, you have to throw out the baby, too. It's a poison pill for both sides, and it exposes the reality that Sanders is just as bought and paid for as the rest.

Granted, this is all coming from that frothing right-winger Howard Dean, so take it with a grain of salt...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...democrats-like
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. All I think is "Wow, Cruz is paying someone a whole lot of money to do some weird stuff with very little oversight."

8. Election Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    The reason we have Citizens United and Super PACs is to counterbalance the hefty influence of labor unions.
    LOL

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    LOL
    Interesting point. Thanks for bringing that to the conversation.

10. Fwiw I would have bought the countervailing union influence argument in the 1950s. But we've since gone from about a third of private workers being unionized to fewer than 7%.

I don't get how anyone can say "but unions" in light of this. Collective bargaining isn't really a thing anymore. Y'all fought for our right to stagnant wages, longer work weeks, and shrinking benefits and won!