Page 731 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 717727729730731732733735745 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Can someone explain to me why a random person off the street with maybe a college degree and no glaringly obvious personality disorders wouldn't be a more qualified candidate for president than Trump?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Can someone explain to me why a random person off the street with maybe a college degree and no glaringly obvious personality disorders wouldn't be a more qualified candidate for president than Trump?
    Why do you not ask the same of Clinton? She has proven herself wildly unqualified. Yes, Trump is an unknown, but I do know that he hasn't mishandled classified information. I also know that he never, in an attempt to avoid Inspector General oversight, endangered state secrets with a private server. I also suspect that any illegal or dangerous actions on Trump's part would be met with consequences by the press, the Congress, the FBI, the DOJ, etc.

A random person on the street might be more qualified than either candidate (one of which you curiously seem to have no interest in vetting), but that's not what's being offered here. It's two shit sandwiches, and one is just a little less runny.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. I would vote for Biden over Trump and Hillary.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Sigourney Weaver looks goddamn great.
    This is usually so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Why do you not ask the same of Clinton? She has proven herself wildly unqualified. Yes, Trump is an unknown, but I do know that he hasn't mishandled classified information. I also know that he never, in an attempt to avoid Inspector General oversight, endangered state secrets with a private server. I also suspect that any illegal or dangerous actions on Trump's part would be met with consequences by the press, the Congress, the FBI, the DOJ, etc.

A random person on the street might be more qualified than either candidate (one of which you curiously seem to have no interest in vetting), but that's not what's being offered here. It's two shit sandwiches, and one is just a little less runny.
    Or you could vote libertarian, which of course nobody will.

6. Kaine reminds me of Mr Bean.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

7. Libertarian is pretty much 'we have dangerous ideas that luckily no one will elect because we're inept'.

8. Last edited by Doc Holliday; 27 Jul 2016 at 11:53 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. lol I agree with that voicemail.

10. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Kaine reminds me of Mr Bean.
    He's goofy, but he's been a pretty good governor and senator. Not exactly Jim Webb, but pretty good nonetheless.

I could see myself voting for this ticket... If Hillary weren't above the law, if she could be impeached when she (inevitably) breaks the law (again), and we ended up with a President Kaine, I could live with that. But, alas.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.