Page 789 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 775785787788789790791793803 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,890 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Eh... It's more 70/30 or 80/20 depending on what Rush & FOX's current ratings are.

However, love him or hate him, Trump is independent, so even FOX and talk radio is paid to write against him. With that in mind, it may be 95/5 with only segments of online journalists remaining unbiased.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    A few months ago the University of Missouri announced that applications were at a record low and it was going to force budget cuts.

3. It is absolutely wild 4chan is a political force. I can't prove they got Trump the nom, but they did get "cuck" and "shill" into national news vernacular.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Nothing makes me feel better about myself than seeing all this stuff about college campuses/students these days.

5. Oh those whippersnappers! College went to shit as soon as I left!

I don't know what's up with all these 35 year old grandpas, but there sure are a lot of them.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    A few months ago the University of Missouri announced that applications were at a record low and it was going to force budget cuts.
    Textbooks are a god damn racket. Now they upcharge you to do homework online.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Oh those whippersnappers! College went to shit as soon as I left!

I don't know what's up with all these 35 year old grandpas, but there sure are a lot of them.
    Safe spaces are bullshit man. Nobody takes a Yale student complaining about institutional racism seriously.

Most people want nothing to do with it. It's not a good look for universities. It's hurting them in material ways.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    While technically true, the article is also disingenuous in that it doesn't point out how Democratically skewed the overall news media is. It's nothing resembling 50:50 as they seem to imply. It's 90:10.
    Completely irrelevant (and untrue IMO). Taibbi is writing about a very specific phenomenon unique to this election cycle which can be directly and objectively observed.

Limit it to this election cycle, despite the the fact that it's far from unique from a media bias standpoint. Look at all of the news outlets specifically named in the wikileaks. There aren't enough news channels left to make it anything close to 50:50, even if all of them were right leaning.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Safe spaces are bullshit man.
    They're also fucking make believe, dude.

Nobody takes a Yale student complaining about institutional racism seriously.
    Why? And why does it bother anyone?
    Most people want nothing to do with it. It's not a good look for universities. It's hurting them in material ways.
    What's hurting them in material ways is that the cost of a college education has, for many, exceeded its value on the job market. If you're career focused, you can build job experience in that four or five years that is just as useful, in many cases, and not go into debt for the next 15 years to do it.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 18 Aug 2016 at 12:55 PM.