Page 792 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 778788790791792793794796806 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Was he going to type in 10 more character to say the college I attended and fuck up his flo?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. You mean "xis"

3. My problem with Safe Spaces is that they're selfish by their very nature.

Then there's the whole argument in the punk scene about concerts being Safe Spaces, which I vehemently disagree with.

Because you don't get incredible things like this:

Last edited by icarusfall; 18 Aug 2016 at 04:51 PM.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    They're also fucking make believe, dude.
    Every Walgreens should have one by the pharmacy at this point.

5. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    My problem with Safe Spaces is that they're selfish by their very nature.

Then there's the whole argument in the punk scene about concerts being Safe Spaces, which I vehemently disagree with.

Because you don't get incredible things like this:

I see it as a culture thing. 1919 and other venues in that scene are safes-spaces. I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to waltz up in there with a t-shirt that reads RAPE YOUR MOTHER NIGGER FAGGOT or remind them we're not Gods and death makes way for life and struggle precedes strength.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

It is a byproduct of our values. The us values safety and fairness above all else.

50, 75 years ago it might have been land, power, acheivement, wealth, etc.

Them you end up with Devine right and slaves and colonies etc.

People follow whatever you tell them the good life is and build their whole outlook around that

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-shill-w434484

Everyone should read this article. Including Yoshi and Andrew.
    I did get a chuckle at Matt Taibbi saying "us reporters" as if he's anything more than an op-ed guy. Aside from that, yeah, of course CNN skews left and Fox skews right. And the ocean is wet, and the sun rises in the east, and so on.

The youngsters aren't turning to online sources because of this, as if HuffPo and Breitbart are some nonpartisan panacea. They're doing so because that's where they get everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. I've always assumed that people that get all of their news online rely on an even more biased and extreme set of sources.
    If I have an interest in a story or news event, I like to read at least a few different articles from sources with different biases, but I suspect I'm in the minority.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I did get a chuckle at Matt Taibbi saying "us reporters" as if he's anything more than an op-ed guy.
    I think Matt Taibbi has done a lot more than you realize...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think Matt Taibbi has done a lot more than you realize...
    It's possible. If he has some distinguished journalism career with another outlet or in the past, I'm willing to admit I'm completely unaware. Everything I know about him is based on his ever-predictable Rolling Stone editorials.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.