Thread: Radeon HD 2400 Pro

1. Radeon HD 2400 Pro

I had this thing laying around and I decided to put it in another pc that I have. I uninstalled the display drivers (all that it had was onboard, nothing fancy) and I installed the card and ran the setup. All it gives me is "Setup cannot find updates for your hardware or operating system'. Makes no sense. Running XP on this one, 2ghz proc, 2gb ram.

I'm trying some older drivers now. Any other suggestions?

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

2. If you already have onboard video, you need to disable it in the bios and set for the display adapter to be the slot the 2400 is in. If you're going from an intel or nvidia chipset to ati, you'll need to completely nuke the old drivers. The regular add/remove doesn't get rid of everything. Heres a good explanation how to do it with both kinds of chipsets.

http://www.hlfallout.net/forums/inde...howtopic=14506

Once that's done and you have the onboard disabled you should be able to reboot. Let Windows install the generic drivers. When that's done use the latest Cat drivers.

3. Ok, how do I tell what kind I'm coming from. Under Display Adapter it lists VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP.

And how do I go into the bios and set it to the new slot?

Btw, no idea what I'm doing.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."