Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arcadia of my Youth

1. I got a picture of a cosplayer dressed up as Captain Harlock at Anime Expo 2002! He had a really good costume too. I'll post it when I get my film developed.

2. Animego subbed Arcadia for release here on VHS and LD back in the 80s, however I'm guessing that they may have lost the license since then as it has yet to make the jump to DVD. OTOH, they're pretty much living hand to mouth these days and producing only what they know they can sell today ...I think.

Maybe someone else has a better idea on the license holder, but if I were you and wanted Arcadia of My Youth, I'd start by asking AnimEgo.

3. Um, about what you just said about Animeigo. I think you're wrong about them selling only what they think they can sell, I mean, look at the Macross TV boxsets, they're so pricy, only the huge fans (like me) would get them.

4. Originally posted by Station
    Um, about what you just said about Animeigo. I think you're wrong about them selling only what they think they can sell, I mean, look at the Macross TV boxsets, they're so pricy, only the huge fans (like me) would get them.
    Which is part of my point. While Animego does do large scale box sets like Macross (which I own and tasty it is too), Urusei Yatsura and Orange Road(?)they make sure they have the minimum number of people with cash in hand to cover the Authoring and mastering costs. any overages in the pressing can then be shunted to retail outlets ala the Urusei Yatsura season one discs for (one hope almost pure profit on their part.

I also note that they made sure their Ah! My Goddess and Vampire Princess Miyu discs streeted within 6 months to a year before the AMG movie and Miyu TV series discs hit from other publishers.

At least that's the way I assumed they've set up their marketing plan.

Shade & Sweetwater,
    Jennifer ^_^

5. You indeed have a point. They do make sure they have enough people that will buy it first, in fact, they try to get support of fans before producing things. (I remember from the Macross Panels and the like)

6. Arcadia is one of the most beautiful story's ever told. I love the whole past life bit between Tochiro and Harlock (there has been at least one other Harlock/Tochiro movie that focused on their everlasting friendship that I know of and it took place in the old west,) it played out so well. It's set in both the future, after an alien occupation of earth and WWII Japan, shortly before the U.S. occupation of Japan. It scenes from the future ring strongly alogorical of the post WWII occupation of Japan. Harlock and Tochiro lead a resistance on Earth to fight the alien invaders who eventually drive the two of them into space. It's filled with moments that can bring any grown person to tears. And is by far one of Harlocks best played roles.

7. NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://www.animeigo.com/products/aomy.t

8. I fucking love you, man. I mean that too. Next time you're in town let me know, I'll give you a blow job, gratis.