Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arcadia of my Youth

1. Arcadia of my Youth

I've been fixing to watch this anime since hearing about it in Gamers Republic last year.
    Does anyone know if it will be coming out in DVD format? I hear it's a real classic.

2. There is My Youth in Arcadia and Arcadia of My Youth. One is the japanese version, and the other is the english version. I don't know which is which, and I think the english version was heavily edited. My cousin has the japanese version, but I haven't seen it, he likes it though. Arcadia will be out on dvd spring of next year, I just read about it at Animeondvd.
    I hope its good, I rented Harlock Saga and that thing was a complete turd imo.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Arcadia of My Youth is subtitled with Japanese and My Youth in Arcadia is English Dubbed. I have Arcadia of My Youth and I love it. Phantom F. Harlock the 91st rules. The whole movie basically shows you how he became a pirate and all that stuff. Because of this, Galaxy Express 999, Adieu Galaxy Express 999 and The Cockpit, I find Leiji Matsumoto to be a genius in expressing huge dramatic stories in an animated way. I would love to see a live action of one of his works. They are always so astounding!

4. The only version I've seen is the chopped up Celebrity Just For Kids Video print that was re-titled Vengence Of The Space Pirate. The sound was really fucked on it, as per usual with Just For Kids Video releases, so I didn't get much enjoyment out of it.

5. Originally posted by adol
    The only version I've seen is the chopped up Celebrity Just For Kids Video print that was re-titled Vengence Of The Space Pirate. The sound was really fucked on it, as per usual with Just For Kids Video releases, so I didn't get much enjoyment out of it.
    I saw that in the store and didn't want to really pick it up. I'm pretty sure it edited out some small stuff. The main reason I wanted the subbed one is because subs never change the original script or anything, so it keeps the story good.

6. Bebop...SEE ARCADIA.

I'm old school, so I *LOVE* Arcadia of My Youth. A lot of new anime-types think it's too slow, but if you can tolerate classics like Area 88 and early (true) Gundam , then Arcadia of My Youth will make you re-evaluate what people consider 'good' anime these days. Try Also Galaxy Express 999. If you watch Arcadia, then GE999, then Adieu GE999, you *will* kneel.

When I wrote that piece on GR about it, I had to re-watch Arcadia. It still floors me how powerful the writing is. Leiji Matsumoto is a genious of melodrama. If you dig that sort of thing, Harlock is God. Wait for the Sea of Fire. You will NOT be disappointed.

---Shola Akinnuso
    www.popcultureshock.com

7. Re: Bebop...SEE ARCADIA.

Originally posted by Shola Akinnuso
    I'm old school, so I *LOVE* Arcadia of My Youth. A lot of new anime-types think it's too slow, but if you can tolerate classics like Area 88 and early (true) Gundam , then Arcadia of My Youth will make you re-evaluate what people consider 'good' anime these days. Try Also Galaxy Express 999. If you watch Arcadia, then GE999, then Adieu GE999, you *will* kneel.

When I wrote that piece on GR about it, I had to re-watch Arcadia. It still floors me how powerful the writing is. Leiji Matsumoto is a genious of melodrama. If you dig that sort of thing, Harlock is God. Wait for the Sea of Fire. You will NOT be disappointed.

---Shola Akinnuso
    www.popcultureshock.com
    Another oldschooler? Heh heh. MA-CU-ROSS, MA-CU-ROSS. That's all I gotta say

8. Old School...

Pro-to-culture!!

Here's an old one for you...(from subtitled version) Knightu Sabers...SANJO!!

9. Re: Old School...

Originally posted by Shola Akinnuso
    Pro-to-culture!! How about in Clash Of The Bionoids: (Place funny accent here) "Pro-Toe-Cull-Cha"

Here's an old one for you...(from subtitled version) Knightu Sabers...SANJO!!
    Sweet...

10. i love it too, but it's been so long since i've seen it. i hope it comes out on dvd soon.