Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Circuit City Closing List

1. Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Wasabi View Post
    Just called one nearby that is closing, they are closed today and will open tomorrow with the liquidation sale.
    Oh shit. I should check the local one.

2. Two CC's are closing near my gf. I wonder what kind of sale they'll have. I wonder if Gears of War 2 is part of liquidation sale..hahaha

3. I hope they get GoW2 in the one near my work.

4. Nothing great, did pick up Army of Two and Super Mario Galaxy Strategy Guides for 1cent each
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

5. I stopped in my local closing CC tonight hoping to pick up some goodies so I can resell them. I saw a couple of copies of Teenage Zombies, Art of Fighting Collection and another xbox 360 game I don't remember the name of. When my girlfriend and I got to the check out they wanted to open the games and mark off the UPC. So we passed on buying to resell. I might go back when things are cheaper for stuff to buy for myself tho...

6. Yeah, those were some lousy sales. I did pick up Flight of the Conchords, though. 20% off DVDs isn't that bad a deal for TV seasons.

Also, a DVD compilation of Witches, Neverending Story, The Secret Garden, and some other thing for my girlfriend. Mwahahhah

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I hope they get GoW2 in the one near my work.
    I asked if they will be receiving new shipments. They said to call back Friday. I'll pick up my copy at CC in Westbury near work and go back there and see if they have. All gaming stuff is 10%. Not much of a deal. No Wii, PS3 or 360 systems however, they did have DS. I asked and I think those were 10% off. I was tempted to buy one for the gf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    I stopped in my local closing CC tonight hoping to pick up some goodies so I can resell them. I saw a couple of copies of Teenage Zombies, Art of Fighting Collection and another xbox 360 game I don't remember the name of. When my girlfriend and I got to the check out they wanted to open the games and mark off the UPC. So we passed on buying to resell. I might go back when things are cheaper for stuff to buy for myself tho...
    Me and my gf stopped by the one near her. Picked up some DVDs, printer inks and headphones. The person that rang us up cut a slit in near the barcode and use those permanent marker to cover barcode. Some had those plastic blister pack and she marked over them. But there was an item that rang up wrong, so while I was waiting, I see a different cashier using a box cutter and cutting the plastic around the barcode off to get to the cardboard backing where the UPC is. No wonder why the freaking line was long

8. They're filing for bankruptcy now.

Possibly even more deals.

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Circuit City said its warranty and service plans sold by the company, as well as its co-branded credit cards, will not be impacted by the company's Chapter 11 filing.
    WTF does this mean? I've a no-questions-asked warranty for my laptop...how will this not be affected by Ch 11? How am I going to get my comp replaced a year from now if CC's don't exist? Can any TNL sharks explain this?
    Last edited by The_Meach; 10 Nov 2008 at 09:13 AM.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

9. I'm guessing whatever company they use to do the insuring will still cover it. Check the agreement papers, they should be listed.