Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mixerman Diaries

The Mixerman Diaries

Mixerman is an LA audio engineer who chronicles the tale of his recording sessions with a major label bidding war band and their big name producer. This is simultaneously a hilarious and depressing read, and despite the fact that it may or may not be fabricated, is well worth your time. The first six weeks of his diaries about this debacle are available HERE and if you play music, record music, or just plain like hearing tales about pompous bands with a drummer that has been nicknamed Dumb Ass for the entirety of the account, then you HAVE to check this out.

http://www.mixerman.net/diaries_main.php

Thank you for posting this on the SLOWEST FUCKING DAY OF WORK EVER.
    According to most of the world, the crack of dawn would be just about the time the sun peeks above the Eastern horizon. In studio terms, however, the crack of dawn is approximately 10 a.m., and this is precisely the time that I arrived at the studio today. I can assure you that in the world of record-making, 10 a.m. would be considered a downright obscene time in which to start a session.
    lol.

3. *praises Mykozo for the link*

And curse you for posting this on the BUSIEST FUCKING DAY OF WORK EVER.

I'm buying this book. Holy shit.

5. I sure do look forward to reading this. Thanks Myk!

ASS the book costs, like $1000. wtf.

7. I can't stop reading this. I need to know who Mixerman, Willy Show, Bitch Slap, Cotton/Dumbass are! Did that info leak anywhere?

Yeah, it's that good. I read the whole thing in one sitting. I haven't searched around to see if those identities have been leaked.

How much did you find the book for Josh? I know that it came out in 02, and it's not available anymore at his website. I'm curious as to why that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    ASS the book costs, like $1000. wtf.
    I wasn't kidding.

10. Awesome reading, thanks Mykozo. It'd be nice if the the book cost about $775 less though.