Thread: Help collecting email addys for survey

1. Help collecting email addys for survey

Hey. Someone I know is running a survey on Surveymonkey. However, they need to have anyone taking the survey to give consent by submitting their email address on a separate webpage which would collect those addys for her (she's running a contest). From there, they would need to be taken to the survey sans email address, so their identity remains secret. Is there a simple way to set up this consent page? I assume it would involve some kind of simple database running in the background that would collect the email addresses (and then the link to the survey on Surveymonkey, of course), but not send them along once the user agrees to take the survey. Any help would be appreciated.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. db is the easiest way, yes

she could also do a CSV if she's not afraid of manual labour, here's a quickie php script that'd do it:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    $csvdata 
    "";
    $fp fopen("./surveyaddresses.csv"'a+');
    foreach(
    $_POST as $var) { $csvdata .= $var ","; }
    fwrite($fp$csvdata "\n");
    fclose($fp);
    ?>
    that takes a html POST form, writes all the submitted values into a CSV format into a CSV file
    Last edited by cka; 06 Nov 2008 at 06:22 PM.

3. Actually, we just found out that Surveymonkey allows you to link surveys, so she can set up one with the agreement and the field to capture the email addys, and then have it redirect once submitted to the full survey anonymously. But thanks for your help anyway, cka. You whip a pony's ass with a belt.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww